Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Sheffield United have obviously come for the 0-0 here so we just need to tweak things to change it up. 

I think digne has been excellent this season but more now is more suited to this game for his attacking game. I'd be tempted to bring zaniolo on too just because no one really knows what he will do including himself so they might struggle to defend against him!

Sheffield have played as expected. Parked the bus and left it up to Villa to break them down.

So far Villa’s achilles heel has shown itself again with a lack of creativity through the middle while Bailey and Diaby have been poor out wide.

Watkins has also been too static up front and therefore easy to mark.

The manager signalled he was falling asleep so I’d expect a much improved second half performance with more movement and a much better final ball.

I think we need to move the ball a bit quicker and we’ll get the breakthrough. It’s tough trying to breakdown these teams whose sole intention is to defend deep.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

United had 3 touches in our box the first half with just 22% possession. Bunch of dirty cloggers just intent on parking the bus and fouling. 

They're on 8 points, they aren't here for the coronation.

• Haha 1

The only time to start panicking in a game like this, is if it's 0-0 after 85 mins.

Chill out.  They maybe should have as a booking or 2, but who gives a shit?

We're dominating a team who 5 years ago had Billy bastard Sharp score a hattrick against us.

We'll get a few more chances, Unai will make any necessary changes, try and enjoy this.  It doesn't get any better than the situation we're in, so try and enjoy it. 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Strog said:

I think we need to move the ball a bit quicker and we’ll get the breakthrough. It’s tough trying to breakdown these teams whose sole intention is to defend deep.

This is the best point I've seen, raise the tempo a touch, be braver in the passes, and we'll be golden 👊

• Thanks 1

Just now, villan95 said:

People criticising Sheff Utd's approach but it's worked so far. It's up to us to break them down.

What approach were they expecting. They're the worse team in the league. They were always going to play this way. 

• Like 1