bannedfromHandV

15 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

About Christmas being cancelled in Sheffield? haha nice one though was obviously tongue in cheek!

They're still bitching about the non goal, we would be in League 1 without that but of luck😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Due to our recent record against them (pre Unai) I instinctively feel apprehensive about this fixture.

Just want a win, don’t care the score. 

I’d take 1-0 and McGinn not booked.

Is that the same as having a bad feeling about this one ?

27 minutes ago, smg said:

Is that the same as having a bad feeling about this one ?

I have a bad feeling about the majority of our matches. Very rarely do I feel otherwise (the derby play off final was a notable exception).

Any negative feeling for this one is mainly powered by the prospect of ballsing up a chance of being top of the league, even for a day. 

But I’d feel a tiny bit less negative if we had a recent record against them that was more akin to our recent record against, say, Norwich.

48 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I have a bad feeling about the majority of our matches. Very rarely do I feel otherwise (the derby play off final was a notable exception).

I'm exactly the same (curiously enough, even down to that playoff). 

47 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I expect Lenglet to get a run if Pau's out, particularly given the speculation about him being off. Hopefully Tim gets some minutes as well.

I'd have thought it'd just bring Cash into the back line with Konsa moving over?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zero7 said:

They will put all 11 men behind the ball and go route one to Archer when they can.  Need to get an early goal to force them out 

Exactly what they did at the weekend, everyone sits deep and hope for a set piece or breakaway, an early goal will hopefully see them advance which will open up space for us to attack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Any negative feeling for this one is mainly powered by the prospect of ballsing up a chance of being top of the league, even for a day. 

But I’d feel a tiny bit less negative if we had a recent record against them that was more akin to our recent record against, say, Norwich.

Despite how incredible we’ve been the past year I’m with you a bit. It’s impossible for me to go into these games with confidence you should do. That said the life long expectation of disappointment has taken a battering by the relentless demand for success from Mr Emery’s these days I go into most games not having a clue what will happen. Then we win. 

On 17/12/2023 at 19:27, Pongo Waring said:

Would be nice to catch up on Arsenal's and Liverpool's goal difference and bang a few goals in here.
I would take any kind of a win tho. Hopefully Goal Line tech is switched off just for the laughs.

I’d imagine that the BBC woke department have banned this for not being inclusive. Which could be enough to propel it to no. 1 this Christmas, like us! UTV!!!

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I’d imagine that the BBC woke department have banned this for not being inclusive. Which could be enough to propel it to no. 1 this Christmas, like us! UTV!!!

Slade I meant although I’m sure they’d ban us from no.1 spot if they could and replace us with Gerry and the Pace Makers!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The what? Why would anyone ban Noddy?

We have the chance to be number 1 for a few hours, which is pretty amazing considering what we were like when Emery took over...