• Diaby (Bailey 45)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 57)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 66)
    • Cash (Konsa 66)
    • Moreno (Digne 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/23 at 23:59

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

Martinez was my MOTM, Superb handling and some important saves. Thought the ref started OK but fell for Arsenal's play acting later on and gave them weak free kicks while ignoring their indiscretions time after time. Carlos was lucky with a yellow and Doug was reckless kicking Jesus's leg in the penalty area. We missed a few break away chances that would have put this to bed earlier and punish the Arsenal high press.

Doug and Kamara can play in Europe and rest against Brentford, I think they need it tbh especially Doug. Could do with McGinn having one as well. Dendoncker had a decent run out and will need to play some games to relieve the pressure from certain players. 

I love Emery, he's brought so much joy to the us villa fans, he's the best manager I have seen for us, Atkinson, MON, Gregory and Little. This guy bests them all, Taylor (mk1) was arguably as good but his football wasn't as pretty

Kamara will be available against Brentford won't he, served a suspension against Bournemouth?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Why have we got no big chances when we scored from a central shot just outside the six yard box? 

Also Digne's and Watkins chances 2nd half - unimpeded shots from about 12 yards out.

4 minutes ago, switters said:

I think it's one of those ones where, had the ref not called it, I don't think VAR would have overturned either (i.e. goal would have stood). Tough one to call with the ball bouncing around probably hitting Cash's arm as well. Does make me wonder what would the correct decision be if it was considered they both handballed but Cash handballed first - disallow the goal but give a penalty?!

He didn't hand ball it first, it hit the Arsenal players arm and then hit cash's arm. The Arsenal player then moved his other hand towards the ball , tapped it down and shot into the net, its football not basketball,  Arsenal just hate losing just like Spurs, fair game to Man city who just took it on the chin

All this bitchin makes em look like spoilt morons. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Why have we got no big chances when we scored from a central shot just outside the six yard box? 

In that case it would have been the pressure on McGinn and the lack of a clear route to goal. 

I think around 0.35 xG is often used as the threshold for a "big chance", so I assume this one was less than that.

Bore off Arteta and Arsenal. Rolling around, cheeky fouls, having it your own way. Not tonight. We won. At this current moment in time I'll savour that, you and city may finish above us come May but guess what, we have class, grit, determination, passion, integrity  and a little bit of luck. Not arrogance, divinity and overspending

Let us and others continue to pee you and the other 'big teams' off. We have humility and togetherness in spades. 

UTFV. And long may it continue.

• Like 2

Our brilliant goal today was a visual echo in miniature of our performance against Man City, it was if it was the goal we deserved to score against Man City somehow visited us today. The Man City performance won us that game, but it also transcended time somehow and helped us score a goal today that was worthy of winning any game

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

He didn't hand ball it first, it hit the Arsenal players arm and then hit cash's arm. The Arsenal player then moved his other hand towards the ball , tapped it down and shot into the net, its football not basketball,  Arsenal just hate losing just like Spurs, fair game to Man city who just took it on the chin

All this bitchin makes em look like spoilt morons. 

Clearly hit Cash’s shoulder logo after bouncing off Havertz. Got an Arsenal buddy who is convinced Cash committed the first handball.

Which Havertz handball do we think they chose? Lol

• Thanks 1

Just got home. That was a battle royale and we thoroughly deserved to win, I felt we were a little tired but the character and fight from the team was incredible. Great goal from Mcginn after that rum from Bailey. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t get champions league now!

3 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Is it possible to watch Saturday night football again?  For some reason mine didn't record?!

There’s a couple of sites where you can watch it all back such as fullreplays and footyfull

• Thanks 1