Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Should be a man up. Who tf is this ref, never seen him before and of course, he’s diabolical, wouldnt be working in the PL otherwise.

Smart stops from Emi and their keeper, Douglas and Bailey been good. Unreal tackle from Konsa, but that right side is constantly being breached now, its an experiment that rarely works. Zaniolo cant get up to speed, McGinn and Youri been meh. Thankfully we have options

Refereeing has been massively inconsistent.

There was a 20 minute period since the Semenyo foul where he refused to give anything. Stark contrast to the opening 20 minutes where he handed them 2 yellow cards.

You can feel the players frustration

Side note we've kind of been wank the last few games. The only good performance we've had since the international break has been Fulham. Luckily we've still been grinding out results but we definitely need to start playing better if we want to continue winning. 

• Thanks 1

Semenyo must be related to the referee still to be on the field. No doubt they will replace him at half time to avoid the referee having to do what he should  have already done, in the second half. We need to get Cash and Diarby on. 

You could quite easy pull off 6-7 players at HT we've been that bad. Bad at defending, bad in midfield, bad up front, bad at retention, losing 50-50's, giving the ball away.... right across the board it's been poor. If we have any real chance of finishing higher in the table than last season we seriously need to up our game.  We'll be sliding down the table soon if we can't switch on for longer during games. 

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Astonishing that Semenyo is still on

This is my main problem with this referee. Most of his decisions have been OK. I understand that referees do not want to decide the match (I used to be one) but you can't lack the courage to send somebody off when they deserve it. He's Semenyo get away with two fouls that should have been second yellows. Once, maybe I can understand, but twice? He doesn't belong on the pitch.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

He's still got connections there and lives in Sandbanks yer tool!

They must be very two-faced connections since he almost put them out of business

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Goal looks fine from the first angle

What I don't get, is against Spurs, one angle looked like Watkins was onside, yet they switched back to the 1st angle and ruled it out.

Today, they've done the opposite. First angle looked onside, yet they've used the 2nd angle to rule it out. 

No consistency at all, VAR making it up as they go along. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 4