Formula One - 2024

BOF

I was talking to a friend about this and somehow the analogy that Ferrari are the Aston Villa of F1 came up, but that's not really right is it? Alfa are the Aston Villa of F1.

I missed the build up/ rumours and saw it today with transfer window news and assumed it was just a joke to get people interested in the upcoming F1 season, comparing two sports and what big transfers look like etc... But then, wow! Completely off guard.

The big problem I have is that I have been a Ferrari fan since Alesi and Berger and I really can't stand Hamilton. It's like Deeney or Savage joining Villa. I'm spinning.

Do I let love or hate win?! I just hope Leclerc absolutely outclasses him!

Edited by jackbauer24

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Interesting how subservient Sainz will be this season when he is given orders.

He'll play nice and go join Sauber, before they become Audi and get a nice cash injection 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Lewis loves his brands and Ferrari is one of the biggest, most recognisable brands on the planet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s driving for them for a relative pittance.

There's absolutely no way he's driving for them for a pittance. No doubt they are paying him a kings ransom. 

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

He'll play nice and go join Sauber, before they become Audi and get a nice cash injection 

He may do that anyway  I'm just not sure about the play nice bit. He'll want to show what he can do. And if it's close in the wdc he might go rogue.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

He may do that anyway  I'm just not sure about the play nice bit. He'll want to show what he can do. And if it's close in the wdc he might go rogue.

So many reasons it could get very messy this season at Mercedes and Ferrari!

It should make things interesting (more interesting than the plethora of street circuits in hot dry countries).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I bet Drive go Survive are a bit gutted they called it a day

Nah, These behind the scenes sports documentaries only work when it's actually behind the scenes. Once everyone knows what the show is like and is conscious of the camera they are all rubbish. Look at Hard Knocks or the new Rugby one, it's all staged managed. The F1 one went the same way.

Mr Horner allegedly living up to his name.

oops.

(obviously, denied by Mr Horner).

edit: the Mail says alleged "incredibly controlling behaviour" and "inappropriate behaviour", so doenst actually seem that its sexual (maybe), seems it something else.

Edited by MaVilla

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Mr Horner allegedly living up to his name.

oops.

(obviously, denied by Mr Horner).

I know I’ve said this before, but a lady I worked with was on maternity leave and was going to some mother and baby classes. In these classes was his ex-wife who he’d left whilst she was pregnant with his baby (to shack up with Geri Halliwell).

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know I’ve said this before, but a lady I worked with was on maternity leave and was going to some mother and baby classes. In these classes was his ex-wife who he’d left whilst she was pregnant with his baby (to shack up with Geri Halliwell).

didnt see you say that before.

I had read that he dumped his wife for Halliwell, didnt realise his wife at the time was pregnant!?

my lord.

A friend of mine is very good friends with his personal assistant (who I suspect may have made this complaint, given the stories I heard from my friend). He sounds like an absolute nightmare to work for - expected her to be available 24/7, told her what to wear, made inappropriate comments about her figure. Allegedly...

All these team bosses are a nightmare, seriously under pressure to perform, snapping at everyone. Not sticking up for the bloke, as he's known to be a bit of a dick anyway, but it's a very difficult high pressure place to be working for the team, the staff have to be hard as nails, an brush off the odd swear word.. Maybe I'm miles away, an it's something more serious and not someone who's just being shouted at.

A couple places are reporting that Horner is being advised to step down as RB team boss (without any quotes, probably BS).

Maybe he’ll walk before Friday’s hearing. 

On 05/02/2024 at 20:14, foreveryoung said:

All these team bosses are a nightmare, seriously under pressure to perform, snapping at everyone. Not sticking up for the bloke, as he's known to be a bit of a dick anyway, but it's a very difficult high pressure place to be working for the team, the staff have to be hard as nails, an brush off the odd swear word.. Maybe I'm miles away, an it's something more serious and not someone who's just being shouted at.

You're miles away

allegedly

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You're miles away

allegedly

I speak from experience.

Apparently with Horner it's also a little politically driven with Helmut Marko wanting  him out.

The complaint, what we know to date, is from a female employee complaining of his controlling nature. Although what is known is Horner didnt get on with this employee previous to the complaint.

Personally I think he's run his course and they now want a new face in the team. It would cost 25 million to write off his contract allegedly. 

Â