Formula One - 2024

BOF

On 13/01/2024 at 13:42, Genie said:

No more drive to survive. I never watched it so it’s not a miss from me.

Watched the first couple of seasons but got bored of them trying to make everything dramatic.

When it came out they were blatantly just editing stuff to make it sound better/different/worse then I gave up. It's basically fiction

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Watched the first couple of seasons but got bored of them trying to make everything dramatic.

When it came out they were blatantly just editing stuff to make it sound better/different/worse then I gave up. It's basically fiction

A bit like the Sky Sports commentary then.

”we’re hearing reports there’s a cloud 72miles to the south, that’s certainly going to spice things up later in the race”

”the reports of that cloud are definitely keeping the teams guessing on what is the correct strategy, it’s going to be captivating to see who got it right”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

A bit like the Sky Sports commentary then.

”we’re hearing reports there’s a cloud 72miles to the south, that’s certainly going to spice things up later in the race”

”the reports of that cloud are definitely keeping the teams guessing on what is the correct strategy, it’s going to be captivating to see who got it right”

It's worse than that to be honest.

They literally splice audio of, say, Lando Norris saying "He pushed me off the track, what a t**t" when someone like Hulkenberg pushes him off the track, and then put it against visuals of him racing with Piastri

• Sad 1

F1's 'loss' is Super Formula's gain, as F2 champion Theo Pourchaire joins Team Impul Toyota in Super Formula after missing out on an F1 seat (the 3rd F2 champion in a row to do so after Drugovich and Pastry).

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 15:40, BOF said:

F1's 'loss' is Super Formula's gain, as F2 champion Theo Pourchaire joins Team Impul Toyota in Super Formula after missing out on an F1 seat (the 3rd F2 champion in a row to do so after Drugovich and Pastry).

I don't watch F2 religiously, but Pourchaire was always someone who stuck out as being one of the most talented drivers on the F2 roster (and I'd say the same about Drugovich as well)

On 17/01/2024 at 15:05, BOF said:

So AlphaTauri might be ... Visa CashApp Racing Bull this season 👀 Bit of a stupid name. Obviously it'll be Racing Bull to fans.

So VISA CashApp RB has been confirmed. Already being referred to as V-CARB.

Confirmed that the Spanish GP will know be a f****** street circuit in Madrid from 2026.

The current Spanish GP circuit is far from great, but it's so so much better than a street circuit.

I'm willing to bet that nearly all of the European historical GP's will be replaced by street circuit's in the next 5-10 years.

Street circuit's can f*** off.

57 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Confirmed that the Spanish GP will know be a f****** street circuit in Madrid from 2026.

The current Spanish GP circuit is far from great, but it's so so much better than a street circuit.

I'm willing to bet that nearly all of the European historical GP's will be replaced by street circuit's in the next 5-10 years.

Street circuit's can f*** off.

I really wish people would vote with their feet. The problem is the “track” will still probably be rammed with people (who don’t really care about racing) so they’ll declare it a success.

Yeah it's annoying. When you consider how many proper racing circuits exist in Europe, to have to keep churning out street circuits is a pain.

Also the layout of that Madrid circuit looks **** awful. Just loads of fast sweeping corners. Which look great and are good for qualifying, but are impossible to overtake on

Max has grumbled in the past about street circuits, as the current big dog it falls on people like him to make a lot of noise about these places that do not lend themselves to racing.
I’m sure Red Bull will slap him down if he does though. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get the appeal of a street circuit. Does it make more money? 

The scenery looks great on TV I think is the main attraction of them. Good transport links. Everything but actual racing.

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There are at least 20 F1 level circuits in Europe. There's 4 in Spain alone.

So let's create a new street circuit there instead

And during COVID travel restrictions F1 relied on some of those tracks and they gave us some great racing

Remember the Valencia street track too? That didn't last long 

Â