Formula One - 2024

BOF

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be really good for the season if the Mclaren could regularly compete with Red Bull. Piastri also showed he had some amazing pace too.

It would be really amazing. It's really promising, given they had all their upgrades, that it's actual improvement in the car that gave them the pace and not just a quirk of the track. I guess Imola will show us how true that is

• Like 2

Max says that his car had floor damage / hole which might explain why it couldn’t compete with the Mclaren.

Hopefully it’s just some sour grapes and the Mclaren genuinely is very quick.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Max says that his car had floor damage / hole which might explain why it couldn’t compete with the Mclaren.

Hopefully it’s just some sour grapes and the Mclaren genuinely is very quick.

It may have contributed, but Lando was reeling everyone in before that VSC

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It may have contributed, but Lando was reeling everyone in before that VSC

I think the suggestion is it was damaged when he hit the bollard/cone/post which was before the SC wasn’t it?

Just now, Genie said:

I think the suggestion is it was damaged when he hit the bollard/cone/post which was before the SC wasn’t it?

VSC

The VSC was brought out because Max hit the bollard. And Lando was already very quick

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

IMG-5683.jpg

Where Max picked up the damaged floor in lap 20. Full safety car was 9 laps later. 

I’m a little bit more concerned that the Mclaren was not as quick as we thought and it was clouded by the Red Bull being slower than it should have been.

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, Genie said:

IMG-5683.jpg

Where Max picked up the damaged floor in lap 20. Full safety car was 9 laps later. 

I’m a little bit more concerned that the Mclaren was not as quick as we thought and it was clouded by the Red Bull being slower than it should have been.

Max hardly streaked away from Oscar early doors and both McLarens would have finished in front of Perez had Sainz not ruined Oscar’s race.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Max hardly streaked away from Oscar early doors and both McLarens would have finished in front of Perez had Sainz not ruined Oscar’s race.

Perez for some reason seems to struggle to get the most out of that car.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Ferrari has been testing spray guards for the FIA these last few days

IMG-5708.jpg

Well that's weird. Must have a look around to find out more. Open wheel single seater racing has a few fairly clear pre-requisites.

• Like 1

Yeah I can't seem to find what the purpose of those are. I mean reduce spray I guess, but why?

Is it a safety thing? Or is it to allow cars to race closer in wet conditions?

Weird

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On a different note, i'm finally visiting the F1 Arcade in Birmingham this week. Should be fun!

Ooh, pics or it didn't happen :thumb:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ooh, pics or it didn't happen :thumb:

Will do.

Going early to watch qualifying as well so making a day of it. Just need to try and stay off the beers a bit before we do the racing or I'll be visiting Barry R more than I'd like

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On a different note, i'm finally visiting the F1 Arcade in Birmingham this week. Should be fun!

I saw an ad for this and thought it’s the sort of thing my daughter might like to do (much cheaper and better than going to a race).

Please report back on what it’s like!

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw an ad for this and thought it’s the sort of thing my daughter might like to do (much cheaper and better than going to a race).

Please report back on what it’s like!

It's not for kids, mate. It's for 38 year old men like me ;)

No just kidding, looks really fun for all ages to be honest. I'll report back next week on how it was.

Not that cheap though, £31 each for 45 minutes... 

Â