Formula One - 2024

BOF

12 hours ago, choffer said:

Sure I’ve seen this before but it’s still pretty impressive. 

The fuelling makes a huge difference with this. Pit crews in the 90’s didn’t need to change tyres in 2 seconds because the refuelling meant most pit stops lasted 8-10 seconds

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 21:22, Jimzk5 said:

And during COVID travel restrictions F1 relied on some of those tracks and they gave us some great racing

Remember the Valencia street track too? That didn't last long 

That was an abomination 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The fuelling makes a huge difference with this. Pit crews in the 90’s didn’t need to change tyres in 2 seconds because the refuelling meant most pit stops lasted 8-10 seconds

Those pump could shift a serious amount of fuel as well, like 8 litres a second or something

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Andretti denied access to F1 and rumours of Hamilton to Ferrari. 

Hamilton to Ferrari would be interesting, on the last 2 years it would been great as I’m sure he could have got closer to the Red Bulls. 

Very risky at this point without knowing which cars are going to be decent. One last roll of the dice for him I guess.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Hamilton to Ferrari would be interesting, on the last 2 years it would been great as I’m sure he could have got closer to the Red Bulls. 

Very risky at this point without knowing which cars are going to be decent. One last roll of the dice for him I guess.

He's always wanted to drive for Ferrari, a few years ago he described it as a "dream". It could also mean he's lost faith in Mercedes too.

• Like 1

The BBC reporting Hamilton to Ferrari is seriously possible.

Lewis Hamilton could make a shock move to Ferrari for the 2025 season, BBC Sport understands.

Several sources say claims of links between the seven-time champion and Ferrari should be taken seriously, but a deal is not yet confirmed.

Ferrari want Hamilton to join Charles Leclerc for the 2025 season.

The 39-year-old signed a new two-year deal with Mercedes for 2024 and 2025 last summer but it seems he can leave after one season, should he choose.

They really need to announce it today on transfer deadline day!

link

I guess Ferrari are such a huge name in the sport basically every driver would love to have a spell with them.

Even if Lewis thinks they can't challenge Red Bull (and I'm not saying that's the case) then to tick off "drive for Ferrari" from the bucket list would be a big factor I reckon

• Like 1

It’s quite unusual to have a deal agreed with a rival 1 year out. Mercedes won’t be happy to have Lewis listening in to all their technical plans now, only to take it to Ferrari.

I wonder if now that this is in place something happens for this season? Maybe Sainz and Lewis to swap seat this season?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s quite unusual to have a deal agreed with a rival 1 year out. Mercedes won’t be happy to have Lewis listening in to all their technical plans now, only to take it to Ferrari.

I wonder if now that this is in place something happens for this season? Maybe Sainz and Lewis to swap seat this season?

Mercedes paying the world's most expensive gardening leave?!😬

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

Mercedes paying the world's most expensive gardening leave?!😬

I reckon some deal between the teams to move Lewis sooner might be the best outcome.

I assume Ferrari would take Lewis now. Mercedes might prefer him gone too. Just a matter of Sainz. Maybe Mercedes instead pay his wages or offer him a seat along side Russell.

• Like 1

Is this even confirmed or could it be a way of -

Increasing interest - with the new season approaching;

Raising Hamilton's profile even further;

Kicking Mercedes up the backside to increase their performance;

Detrimental impact to a competitor team as Ferrari end up being 'snubbed'.

Just wondering, at least until confirmation.

Just now, brommy said:

Someone has leaked it for sure, it feels legit for 2025 at least. I just can’t see how they make this work for 2024 though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

Sky Sports F1 are reporting it as done and basically every other source reporting it as "on the verge" or "poised to make the switch" etc

It's done

• Like 1

Â