Formula One - 2024

BOF

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I speak from experience.

Apparently with Horner it's also a little politically driven with Helmut Marko wanting  him out.

The complaint, what we know to date, is from a female employee complaining of his controlling nature. Although what is known is Horner didnt get on with this employee previous to the complaint.

Personally I think he's run his course and they now want a new face in the team. It would cost 25 million to write off his contract allegedly. 

I know you'll be dying it for it to be a case of "oh you can't say anything anymore. This generation need to man up" etc etc

But ALLEGEDLY... you're miles off

And I really hope you don't speak from experience. ALLEGEDLY

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know you'll be dying it for it to be a case of "oh you can't say anything anymore. This generation need to man up" etc etc

But ALLEGEDLY... you're miles off

And I really hope you don't speak from experience. ALLEGEDLY

Why you always play it this way? Why expect everyone to think like you?

I was just quoting from experience, how high the pressure is within the team, occasionally people, (including our team, once), don't get treated with the respect that we might expect.

If it's anymore than that fine, just commenting on hearsay around work, not real fact.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Why you always play it this way? Why expect everyone to think like you?

I don't care if anyone thinks like me.

What I'm saying is your original post was very much of the "it's all a fuss over nothing" "it's a high pressure environment" "these things happen" kind of attitude.
Which is fine, I'm not criticising that view, each to their own

What I'm saying is if the rumours going round of what allegedly happened are true, then you're miles off with that assessment. Which is what you originally asked about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

50 shades of black so far

Yeah apart from the VCARB, they all seem to have a base of carbon black and then a bit of a livery around it. I wonder is it symptomatic of them all struggling to get down to the minimum weight, so they're not even painting the car where at all possible.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2023 at 10:42, BOF said:

Also worth mentioning we've a potential superstar skipping Formula 3 and jumping straight into a Formula 2 seat this season, and into a Prema seat no less. Andrea Kimi Antonelli only turned 17 in August, and this season won both the Formula Regional Middle East Championship (15 races) and the Formula Regional European Championship (20 races), the latter with Prema.  In 2022 he also won 2 championships. Italian F4, ADAC F4 and the one-off F4 Cup for good measure.  The kid is an absolute winning machine and it'll be interesting, to say the least, to see how he handles this massive jump in class. It's rare you get quite an obvious star as this jumping through the codes and winning titles like cheat codes.

The Race reckon Antonelli is Mercedes' Plan 'A' to replace Hamilton in 2025, assuming he does what they expect in F2 this year. They have Alonso as a plan 'B'.

So that would be an 18 year old Antonelli in F1 at a top team having skipped F3 and had 1 year in F2. I'm really looking forward to seeing him this year in F2. He seems to be a properly stellar talent.

Â