Formula One - 2024

BOF

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So if the rumours are right and Horner paid of the acusser why were the text etc leaked. 

Bitterness that he wasn’t sacked?

Or the leak was nothing to do with her.

Edited by Genie

If the leaks are real then I think it’s a bit worse than it looks at first glance. There’s references to phone sex in there and nowadays it’s pretty hard to defend that if it’s a senior guy with a junior employee, given the power imbalance. Seems most likely it was a mutual thing that went sour and she has turned on him.

(All above assuming this isn’t a total fabrication, which it could be.)

Social media suggests he may have sent pictures of his gear stick. If this is a two way thing then the decision reached is correct, but the court of public opinion will crucify him. Which I don't mind, as he's a massive word removed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Social media suggests he may have sent pictures of his gear stick. If this is a two way thing then the decision reached is correct, but the court of public opinion will crucify him. Which I don't mind, as he's a massive word removed.

:D Does it now. Any word on her flappy paddles ?

* That was purely for comedic effect.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

:D Does it now. Any word on her flappy paddles ?

* That was purely for comedic effect.

Ok, a few people on that there twitter. I'm not linking as they show blurred out images of it along with the leaked messages.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s the lowest tier of “cheating” isn’t it. It’s a tiny bit flirty/slimy.

I’m surprised Horner bothered to pay her off the rumoured £650k. 

If she got £650K out of him for those texts she's a genius.

• Like 2

Interesting and entertaining F3 race just there. 16 year old debutant and Red Bull junior driver, Arvid Lindblad, in a Prema winning the sprint race.

I fell out with the F1 early into last season, I'm not one of the Max haters but I just couldn't be bothered watching him win at a canter every week.

I've just put the Qualifying on, is the season going to be any different to the last or should I save myself the bother of watching because Max is going to be so far out in front again

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Looking at the whole of the leaked files he seems a bit of a sex pest. Really not OK to be requesting sexy pics from the people who work for you. 

I always found it was easier to get these pictures at interviews as they would happily give them at the prospect of getting the job

Edited by Follyfoot

11 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I fell out with the F1 early into last season, I'm not one of the Max haters but I just couldn't be bothered watching him win at a canter every week.

I've just put the Qualifying on, is the season going to be any different to the last or should I save myself the bother of watching because Max is going to be so far out in front again

Too early to say but the gap looks to have been closed slightly and we should definitely have more winners than just Max this year.

50 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Too early to say but the gap looks to have been closed slightly and we should definitely have more winners than just Max this year.

What are you basing that on? 

The grid is so tight. Expecting in race pace that Max will drive into the distance but everyone from like 2-9 should be quite the battle.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

What are you basing that on? 

The big 4 teams all being happier with their cars this year. No doubt that will just catch up to RBs car last year but even then Max can’t win 20 races again.

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

The big 4 teams all being happier with their cars this year. No doubt that will just catch up to RBs car last year but even then Max can’t win 20 races again.

Perez being a waste of space doesn’t help. If only Red Bull had a decent second driver they’d at least have some racing between them even though car is supreme.

Vettel & Webber @ Red Bull

Hamilton & Rosberg @ Mercedes

Hamilton & Alonso @ Mclaren

Button & Barrichello @ Brawn 

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Perez being a waste of space doesn’t help. If only Red Bull had a decent second driver they’d at least have some racing between them even though car is supreme.

If Perez was better, they'd need to get rid of him, I'm sure that most of their efforts go into one car and I'm fairly sure that Max wouldn't stand from competition from his own team.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Perez was better, they'd need to get rid of him, I'm sure that most of their efforts go into one car and I'm fairly sure that Max wouldn't stand from competition from his own team.

Yep, I’m thinking from the perspective of the millions of fans turning off.

• Like 1

Â