Formula One - 2024

BOF

The most difficult weekend of the season, timewise :)

Friday
03.00 F3 qualifying
06.30 F2 qualifying

Saturday
00.15 F3 sprint
03.15 F2 sprint
05.00 F1 qualifying
22.05 F3 feature

Sunday
00.35 F2 feature
04.00 F1 race

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Whilst I do doubt it’s really happening there are reports Max is nearing a deal to join Mercedes.

It would be hilarious if once agreed Lewis gets out of his deal with Ferrari to join Red Bull instead :lol: 

It would be brilliant to see how Lewis fans would handle him driving for Red Bull.........won't happen though

• Like 1

It’s a bit of a shame for Ferrari they have a pretty good car in this era of Red Bull having a supreme one.

Race winner is a foregone conclusion as usual. 

I wonder if Ferrari have doubts about signing Lewis up, he looks like a spent force at the moment.

I won’t be getting up early for it for sure but will catch the highlights.

Sky Sports presenters openly saying they don’t want to hype up a fake opportunity for someone else to win the race. I’ve never known that before.

52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Mercedes are a joke. 

Another boring race tomorrow. 

I’m surprised Toto’s job isn’t at risk. The car is a bag of shit. From best to 4th/5th best.

They took a gamble on Adrian Newey not knowing what he was doing and it went about as well as expected.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised Toto’s job isn’t at risk. The car is a bag of shit. From best to 4th/5th best.

They took a gamble on Adrian Newey not knowing what he was doing and it went about as well as expected.

I'm surprised there's not much talk round it. They're becoming a nothing team. Aston Martin and McLaren certainly have more excitement around them.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder if Ferrari have doubts about signing Lewis up, he looks like a spent force at the moment.

It's the car that wins races, the drivers are pretty much interchangeable. Put Hamilton in that red bull instead of max and Hamilton wins every week. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's the car that wins races, the drivers are pretty much interchangeable. Put Hamilton in that red bull instead of max and Hamilton wins every week. 

I have no doubts about that too. But I do wonder if he’s getting absolutely everything he can out of that Mercedes at the moment.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I have no doubts about that too. But I do wonder if he’s getting absolutely everything he can out of that Mercedes at the moment.

I doubt it. He knows it's a lemon and he's off next year so I'd say he's just phoning it in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It's hard to get everthing out of it when the breaks don't work.

Heard some commentry earlier, they are even struggling to make it exciting now.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's hard to get everthing out of it when the breaks don't work.

Heard some commentry earlier, they are even struggling to make it exciting now.

Whats up with the brakes?

Lewis has a habit of complaining about faults that don’t exist.

Good race, McLaren and Ferrari finishing top 4 and Alonso getting some points, have I gone back to 2008?

I think quite a few serious questions should be asked of Merc. Hamilton leaving at the end of the season, they still have got nowhere near understanding the tech regs despite being 3 years in and are at the cost cap every year and Russell having a habit of binning it when chasing it in the final laps. Don't think he's anywhere near being able to lead a team.

Hopefully there's a few more Verstappen DNF's this season as it may make it worth watching.

• Like 1

Â