Formula One - 2024

BOF

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, I’m thinking from the perspective of the millions of fans turning off.

Yep - it'll be interesting to see what they do in terms of trying to keep it more interesting. 

I like the idea of every point earned by a driver coming with a small weight penalty - so that if you were to win a GP you'd get 25 points and 500g which you'd have to carry in your car until the end of the season. The better cars then get heavier as we go along.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - it'll be interesting to see what they do in terms of trying to keep it more interesting. 

I like the idea of every point earned by a driver coming with a small weight penalty - so that if you were to win a GP you'd get 25 points and 500g which you'd have to carry in your car until the end of the season. The better cars then get heavier as we go along.

Red bull by the end of the season if this happens 

ghows-DA-48a77426-b439-4385-a046-8a2b063ad753-b95af297.jpeg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I fell out with the F1 early into last season, I'm not one of the Max haters but I just couldn't be bothered watching him win at a canter every week.

I've just put the Qualifying on, is the season going to be any different to the last or should I save myself the bother of watching because Max is going to be so far out in front again

Red Bull aren't as far ahead as everyone else thought they would be, and being one more year into a stable set of rules tends to close up the grid. I'd definitely give it the first 5 or 6 races and see how competitive it is.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Red Bull aren't as far ahead as everyone else thought they would be, and being one more year into a stable set of rules tends to close up the grid. I'd definitely give it the first 5 or 6 races and see how competitive it is.

I think it’s far too early to conclude that. Let’s see them in race trim. Max could well disappear into the distance, wind the engine back to protect it and cruise to victory after victory.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s far too early to conclude that. Let’s see them in race trim. Max could well disappear into the distance, wind the engine back to protect it and cruise to victory after victory.

Hey I'm only quoting Piastri 🙂 Yes it's early. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Four Red Bulls in the top ten.

Its such bullshit. What if Riccardo puts more effort into holding up other cars than the Red Bulls? 

Christ does this race need a safety car.

Im tempted to retract my comment about this season being closer, if Perez is taking a comfortable second that’s not a good sign at all.

Flicked it on for the start, Max sails into a lead, turned it on 15 minutes later and he's 30 seconds up.

To be honest the fix of 2021 killed the sport for me but this shit is hardly tempting me back.

• Like 2

Love the fact that F1 is back but Jesus that was one of the most boring races I’ve seen in a while. Not a good sign at all for the season ahead.

Good drive from Sainz fair play on that one.

Â