Formula One - 2024

BOF

Switched it on at lap 15, Max was waaay out in the lead just coming into the pits, saw that it was a red bull 1 & 2 and switched it off, switched it on just before the end and Max was about 20 seconds up, switched it off again.

Like @MachoFantastico I think I'm done with F1 until they sort it out.

Well that's destroyed my enthusiasm for the season. 

It's a pretty embarrassing look for the sport. Thank God they were properly punished for breaking the rules. 

I’m glad I made the decision to go and watch Tamworth at The Lamb rather than stay in and watch the F1.

Really disappointing stuff.

If Bernie was still in charge he’d have retired Adrian Newey off somehow, or transferred him to Mercedes or Ferrari.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Well that's destroyed my enthusiasm for the season. 

It's a pretty embarrassing look for the sport. Thank God they were properly punished for breaking the rules. 

I genuinely think if you put Max in the Ferrari he would win, it would be tighter in the Mercs

On 01/03/2024 at 09:50, DCJonah said:

Looking at the whole of the leaked files he seems a bit of a sex pest. Really not OK to be requesting sexy pics from the people who work for you. 

I read them too. But they are clearly specifically the "worst" ones that got leaked. I assume the Barrister who did the internal investigation read the entire text history and assume she was probably flirting with him too. It's easy to paint a picture if you choose what texts to screenshot. 

Also the question around coworkers are we saying nobody who works together is allowed to date eachother? Because the texts from Horner are totally run of the mill if the girl was dating him or just flirting. 

Horner's wife Gerri should dump his ass though that's for sure. 

46 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I read them too. But they are clearly specifically the "worst" ones that got leaked. I assume the Barrister who did the internal investigation read the entire text history and assume she was probably flirting with him too. It's easy to paint a picture if you choose what texts to screenshot. 

Also the question around coworkers are we saying nobody who works together is allowed to date eachother? Because the texts from Horner are totally run of the mill if the girl was dating him or just flirting. 

Horner's wife Gerri should dump his ass though that's for sure. 

Yeah that doesn't matter. He has all the power in this situation. He can't be doing things like that as her boss. 

16 hours ago, mykeyb said:

I genuinely think if you put Max in the Ferrari he would win, it would be tighter in the Mercs

I genuinely think if you put any other driver on the grid into Max's Red Bull they'd win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah that doesn't matter. He has all the power in this situation. He can't be doing things like that as her boss. 

Fair point

21 hours ago, mykeyb said:

F1 doesn’t really work like that.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I genuinely think if you put any other driver on the grid into Max's Red Bull they'd win.

Perez is making a meal of it, but I think any decent driver would win in that car. 

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Any other driver?, wow

Er yeah? If you have a substantial gap per lap available, any half decent pro racer exploits it. I'm sure Max (The Cnut) does better than many and might.get better performance in the other cars but he isn't winning any of his championships in other cars same.goes for Lewis, vettel before him etc. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Any other driver?, wow

Yes. That's not to say that Max might not be faster than them in it, but any driver on the grid in that car, with the level of support Max gets from the team, wins the world championship.

So Max to Mercedes and the FIA president interfering for race results.

Never mind if its boring on track the sport has gone mental off it :lol:

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The arrival of Middle Eastern money has done so much to improve sport hasn't it?

Aramco sponsorship of Aston Martin was completely coincidental when they were on the right side of a corrupt intervention in the Aramco Saudi GP.

• Like 1

Â