Formula One - 2024

BOF

So even without Max out in front it still wasn't the most enthralling race. Mercs are dreadful and as AVFC96 says Russell seems to always have it in him to mess up in the last few laps.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just catching up now as I didn’t wake up for it.

Was this the **** up by the stewards it looks like from the clip?

Given it was the last lap if they immediately called a SC which I think they did (or was it a VSC?) then I think that’s ok

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He should take it as a compliment, but max DNFing is genuinely the best thing that could happen in any Grand Prix at the moment

It's just a shame the car is so far ahead and then Perez coasts to the win instead.

• Haha 1

Just now, BOF said:

It's just a shame the car is so far ahead and then Perez coasts to the win instead.

Perez is shit which is part of the problem. If he was decent we’d occasionally have different winners and not a one horse race for the championship.

I enjoyed the race. Yes in hindsight it was still kind of a procession, but there was still the jeopardy of who would win while it was playing out. Especially with Ferrari's ability to shoot themselves in the foot. Plus there's the novelty, even in a procession, of it not being a Max win.  And some good stuff happening further down the field as well as usual. Double points finishes for the Haas, and Yuki with another good race.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I enjoyed the race. Yes in hindsight it was still kind of a procession, but there was still the jeopardy of who would win while it was playing out. Especially with Ferrari's ability to shoot themselves in the foot. Plus there's the novelty, even in a procession, of it not being a Max win.  And some good stuff happening further down the field as well as usual. Double points finishes for the Haas, and Yuki with another good race.

I thought the same. It weirdly felt like a bit of a throwback race where you were unsure of the winner, there were some shock retirements, couple of dodgy pit stops and differing pit stop strategies.

Not a classic "race" by any means but a true F1 fan should have enjoyed that one imo.

Edited by AVFCDAN

It's unfortunate in a way that it was Australia where Max DNF'd, given it's not a particularly exciting track, not easy to overtake

I’m still salty that Australia is not the first race of the season. 

Brazil is also an incredible place to have the last race (obviously it won’t matter this year as the Champion will be crowned some time in September of October).

Oil money gonna do its thing though. 

Edited by Genie

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m still salty that Australia is not the first race of the season. 

I'm still salty it's not the last ;) 

• Haha 1

The worst part about the current calendar is it makes a new season on the F1 23 Video Game extremely difficult because the first few tracks are so hard :D 

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm pretty convinced that Red Bull only run two cars because they have to. All the effort goes into the one that wins all the races and Max wouldn't put up with a competitor in his team.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm pretty convinced that Red Bull only run two cars because they have to. All the effort goes into the one that wins all the races and Max wouldn't put up with a competitor in his team.

I think they're fairly open about the car being entirely built around Max aren't they?

Whilst I do think Perez isn't particularly good, I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone has struggled in that second seat

Daniel Ricciardo did alright. 

skysports-ricciardo-verstappen_4304629.p

Gasly, Albon and Perez are all poor to average.

Red Bull should put a proper tier 1 driver in the second car. They’d still win every race as a team but at least there would be some excitement at the front of the leaderboard.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Daniel Ricciardo did alright. 

skysports-ricciardo-verstappen_4304629.p

Gasly, Albon and Perez are all poor to average.

Red Bull should put a proper tier 1 driver in the second car. They’d still win every race as a team but at least there would be some excitement at the front of the leaderboard.

Yeah but that was when Max had just joined the team. I doubt they were building the car around him from the start.

There's no way Ricciardo would match those numbers if he went back, imo. Especially as he's shown since he left Red Bull that he's actually a very average driver

Â