Match Thread: Villa v Legia Warszawa

limpid

Just now, Quofan said:

He wasn't aggressive with the linesman, the Legia player had grabbed hold of Dougie's shirt. 

He did aggressively hit the AR's flag, though he clearly didn't mean to do it on another look, but I can see why the ref gave it. He's a lucky boy he only hit the flag tbh

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I think maybe Legia are better than you think. They've played really well, they've gone from back to front in like 4/5 one touch passes a few times.

Not saying legia are a bad side, but you cant seriously think we have played well? We have been very slow with the ball created nothing and so sloppy with the passing

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

On TV, it sounds like when we played under closed doors during COVID, which is strange when you see the crowd there. 

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Is it my small rivulet or is the atmos a bit flat?

No away fans doesn't help

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Kamara's gift changed everything. Now Legia can play cagey football for the draw, which suits them just fine.

I understand that they're hard to break down, but I'd like to see us take a few more chances in attack. Make them actually defend, don't just let them occupy space well. Sooner or later, they'll make a mistake.

Yep, it was a bigger mistake than one might think.

1 minute ago, Quofan said:

He wasn't aggressive with the linesman, the Legia player had grabbed hold of Dougie's shirt. 

I don't think it was meant for the linesman, however the linesman looked to be in between them, so the ref may have seen it as such.

Or even seen it as showing no respect to the linesman etc

Kamara has that pass in him every match, we just got punished this time. Duran’s struggling to replicate what Ollie gives us (understandably) in terms of playing with his back to goal and bringing others into the game.

Bit of a struggle all round after a highly encouraging start, surprised Duran didn’t go across goal too with his effort shortly after diaby’s goal, seemed tailor made for it.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think it was meant for the linesman, however the linesman looked to be in between them, so the ref may have seen it as such.

Or even seen it as showing no respect to the linesman etc

Dougie nearly smacked the linesman's flag out of his hands in anger. I'm sure the ref gave both players a yellow each to set an example.

• Like 1

Attitude stinks - yet again in this competition playing down to the opposition's level. Just strolling around, like we thought after scoring early it would be a cakewalk.

There was one instance where Luiz had it out on the left, with plenty of players up in the box as we'd just had a corner - he waited, and waited then just tried a casual cross straight into the defender.

Lacklustre.

Half arsed.

This one currently has the feel of the first game against them with all the changes disrupting the flow.

And yes, I know we have to make changes to rest players, blah blah, but it could/currently is costing us top spot.

Need to be better in the second half. Anything less than a win would be very disappointing.

Not terrible, but feels like playing within ourselves and a few too many sloppy passes. Haven't been able to get Duran involved enough. Moreno got nicely behind a couple of times just not had the final ball.

Would prob shortly go with Bailey for Diaby and Ramsey for McGinn

Fair play to Legia.

They have actually played well, without fear and shown us no respect.

We've been a bit too lackadaisical and made some bad mistakes.

The frustrating thing, is that you know we are capable of blowing them out the water if we just tweak a bit.

• Like 1