Aston Villa Support Census

Rugeley Villa

Rug'es Poll  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you travel to matches from?

• Birmingham
    • West Midlands conurbation area 
    • Other parts of midlands 
    • UK
    • Places that speak funny

This poll is closed to new votes

15 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I was born in Aston, grew up in Perry Common, live in Shard End now. Brummie all the way. 

Gipsy  Lane that’s where my grandad grew up. Years ago when Perry common got knocked down I worked on some of the new houses on the estate . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I know a Villa supporter that I keep in touch with, was born and bought up very near VP. He said when he was a nipper and the Villa were playing a night game he could see the glare of the AV floodlights shining through his bedroom curtains.

• Like 1

@Rugeley Villa I like this.

like @sidcow I was also born in Dudley Road Hospital, lived in Gravelly Hill until I was 6, moved out to Dorridge (near Solihull, which I always say is Brum) then moved Darn Sarf when I was 19 (29 years ago) Still got the accent. 

My last game at Villa Park was probably about 14 years ago, I've not been up for a number of reasons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Gipsy  Lane that’s where my grandad grew up. Years ago when Perry common got knocked down I worked on some of the new houses on the estate . 

I grew up in Dove Dale Road and used to spend most days playing football in Witton Lakes Park or the rec between Witton Lodge Road and Perry Common Road. When I was a kid I got run over by a car on Perry Commom Road lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

@Rugeley Villa I like this.

like @sidcow I was also born in Dudley Road Hospital, lived in Gravelly Hill until I was 6, moved out to Dorridge (near Solihull, which I always say is Brum) then moved Darn Sarf when I was 19 (29 years ago) Still got the accent. 

My last game at Villa Park was probably about 14 years ago, I've not been up for a number of reasons.

I too was born in Dudley Road. 😁

Believe it or not guys, we have a linesman who currently works matchdays in the Premier League, who used to live on Dovedale Road Perry Common as a kid. His name is Mark Perry. I think he lines the Palace v Everton game yesterday. He was a sound lad as a kid. 

38 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I too was born in Dudley Road. 😁

Same here.

When I was born we lived in Aston in the next street to Geezer Butler and his family, although I've questioned my mother as to if she knew them, she said she rarely strayed from around the front door!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 11:18, Rugeley Villa said:

Many Villa down oxford way? 

Decent amount in the North of the County, i.e.. Banbury/Bicester.

Just setting up a Lions Club to serve the area, surprised it's never already had one.

• Like 2

Another born in Dudley Rd Hospital. Moved to Northfield when a young child and lived in the Northfield/Rubery area until my early 40s apart from a couple of years down in That London. Now living out in the shires in Stratford upon Avon which has a sizeable Villa contingent. Would always consider myself a Brummie though

Born and bred in Sutton (Good Hope), lived in Walmley for over 50 years before moving to Lichfield a couple of years ago. Sutton (100k people)is Villa land and I knew 2 Noses growing up (more Albion and more Redscouse). Lichfield is very Villa heavy (unsurprisingly mate) with a fair few Wolves and fewer Albion. Very few noses. 

My family are from Aston/Hockley and Erdington originally and all Villa

Edited by Walmley_Villa
  • Like 2

Born in Toronto ... grew up in Warwickshire ... a little place called Kings Heath.

Seen Villa play four times ... twice at Villa Park, once at the Sty and once at Carrow Road.

Since 1980, lived elsewhere, mainly Canada. 

Don't get to many home games ... but would like to watch Villa at Vila Park once more before I die.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

Born in Toronto ... grew up in Warwickshire ... a little place called Kings Heath.

Seen Villa play four times ... twice at Villa Park, once at the Sty and once at Carrow Road.

Since 1980, lived elsewhere, mainly Canada. 

Don't get to many home games ... but would like to watch Villa at Vila Park once more before I die.

I'm from King's Heath and it wasn't Warwickshire when I lived there  🤣 unless there's a village I don't know about 

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm from King's Heath and it wasn't Warwickshire when I lived there  🤣 unless there's a village I don't know about 

You must be one of those good-for-nothing, know-nothing youngsters my Dad was always on about.

• Haha 3