Aston Villa Support Census

Rugeley Villa

Rug'es Poll  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you travel to matches from?

• Birmingham
    • West Midlands conurbation area 
    • Other parts of midlands 
    • UK
    • Places that speak funny

This poll is closed to new votes

I've put myself down as Birmingham which is technically incorrect as I'm in Solihull but it feels like Brum to me. 

We've probably got less of a hang up of being described as Birmingham than Sutton even though Sutton actually is in Birmingham and Solihull isn't. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably don't want any noses seeing these results tbf :crylaugh:

shiresmate.png

Similar survey for them would also be five choices: Yardley, Sheldon, Small Heath, Hay Mills or Acocks Green.  Their international fans are in Chelmsley Wood, Marston Green and Stirchley.

To be fair, more fans have participated in this survey that they get at the Sty each week... 

• Haha 3

I used to live in Gloucestershire, now I live near Newmarket in Suffolkshire, which is very close to Cambridgeshire.

So yep a genuine Villa fan from shires......

ST holder and I get to about 70% of the games

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I used to live in Gloucestershire, now I live near Newmarket in Suffolkshire, which is very close to Cambridgeshire.

So yep a genuine Villa fan from shires......

ST holder and I get to about 70% of the games

Have you ever had a drink in town

mate

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've put myself down as Birmingham which is technically incorrect as I'm in Solihull but it feels like Brum to me. 

We've probably got less of a hang up of being described as Birmingham than Sutton even though Sutton actually is in Birmingham and Solihull isn't. 

Yeah it’s all brum to me 

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Currently the biggest percentage is fans  outside the midlands. Hopefully more will post up. 

The thing is the people who voted Birmingham would also be in the West Midlands Conurbation Area. So those figures would be combined for the total WMC area.

As it stands that’s just under 43%.

Likewise those who said Birmingham, or WMC area or other parts of the midlands would all be combined to be “the midlands”. 

As it stands that’s just under 59%.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The thing is the people who voted Birmingham would also be in the West Midlands Conurbation Area. So those figures would be combined for the total WMC area.

As it stands that’s just under 43%.

Likewise those who said Birmingham, or WMC area or other parts of the midlands would all be combined to be “the midlands”. 

As it stands that’s just under 59%.

Yeah if you look at it like that . I suppose other parts of the midlands could still be a decent enough trek depending where in the midlands you’re travelling from but the West Midlands county is where our core support is and that’s just under half of our support. So far 1/4 is outside midlands which is pretty impressive too if you’re trying to gauge our support nationwide . I’ve always thought the club should look into this, they probably have but haven’t released any information on it. 41% of fans outside midlands or abroad. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Instow, North Devon. 3 Miles from Barnstaple!

I know a tonne of Villa fans in N. Devon. 

Big lads are they? 

Ignore that it doesn’t make sense. Doesn’t take many fully grown humans to make a tonne 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I consider myself a brummie in reality... grew up in Erdington, both parents born in Ladywood, but we moved to Sutton when I was a teenager. 

Sutton, like Solihull, isn't Brum really, albeit some residents of the former now have to pay their council tax to them. I'd say the older generation definitely see them as different places. 

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Big lads are they? 

Ignore that it doesn’t make sense. Doesn’t take many fully grown humans to make a tonne 

When I first became interested in football (1994/5 season) there were hardly any "local" options in terms of top flight sides. It was Southampton, Coventry or Villa that were closest as the crow flies, Wolves, Blues, West Brom weren't in the PL then. 

Certainly wasn't glory that made me start following Villa, we finished 18th that season!

Exeter City are my second side (35 mins down the road), but I've been following Villa all my life and I am assuming it's that proximity that's why the area has a large proportion of fans. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

When I first became interested in football (1994/5 season) there were hardly any "local" options in terms of top flight sides. It was Southampton, Coventry or Villa that were closest as the crow flies, Wolves, Blues, West Brom weren't in the PL then. 

Certainly wasn't glory that made me start following Villa, we finished 18th that season!

Exeter City are my second side (35 mins down the road), but I've been following Villa all my life and I am assuming that's why the area has a large proportion of fans. 

Good to hear . Yeah I think we do alright down that M5 corridor and into Devon . Lovely part of the world down there. Been to Dawlish on holiday years ago. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

I consider myself a brummie in reality... grew up in Erdington, both parents born in Ladywood, but we moved to Sutton when I was a teenager. 

Sutton, like Solihull, isn't Brum really, albeit some residents of the former now have to pay their council tax to them. I'd say the older generation definitely see them as different places. 

Oh yeah. I was born in Dudley Road Hospital and raised in Moseley and Hall Green. And lived most of my adult life in Hall Green.  I'm a brummie without question but my current location is a smidgeon outside Brum