Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think it will be the same team that started at their place. Maybe Zaniolo will start instead of Bailey.

I dont 

I think pau konsa zaniolo and luiz will be benched

I think carlos lenglet youri and bailey will come in for them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Looks like Kyrie Pierre is training with the first team ahead of this game, and presumably why he wasn't involved against Crawley, Kadan Young and Travis Patterson both injured.

Never even heard of pierre, where does he play?

Have a feeling we will go weaker tonight as emeey night think our 2nd team can get job done after 1st game. Personally i dont want to take that risk AZ are not a bad team. We should go strong get a good lead then take off players and see the game out

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have a feeling we will go weaker tonight as emeey night think our 2nd team can get job done after 1st game. Personally i dont want to take that risk AZ are not a bad team. We should go strong get a good lead then take off players and see the game out

Yeah I have the same gut feeling. Like you say, I would want to try and get the job done first and rest up later.

I remember AZ missing a couple of really good opportunities at their place which could have altered the final outcome of the match if they had stuck them away, so they still carry a threat and shouldn't be taken lightly.

If we are adamant on rotating a few players, then hopefully no more than 3 changes to the starting line up, with some changes made if we are looking comfortable in the last 25 mins. I would bring Tielemans in for Dougie or Kamara, Carlos or Lenglet in for Konsa, and Bailey for Zaniolo. The later subs if looking good would be Moreno on for Digne and Zaniolo for Bailey to gain fitness and form. Then other subs as seen fit by Unai. That would be the ideal situation playing out, but as Villa fans we should know by now it won't be that comfortable or easy.

On 05/11/2023 at 17:09, Demitri_C said:

Oh there is going to be changes im sure of that

problem is our best 11 nearly always features....so its usually a down grade when we do.

I think we just need more quality players, for a variety of positions.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I have the same gut feeling. Like you say, I would want to try and get the job done first and rest up later.

I remember AZ missing a couple of really good opportunities at their place which could have altered the final outcome of the match if they had stuck them away, so they still carry a threat and shouldn't be taken lightly.

If we are adamant on rotating a few players, then hopefully no more than 3 changes to the starting line up, with some changes made if we are looking comfortable in the last 25 mins. I would bring Tielemans in for Dougie or Kamara, Carlos or Lenglet in for Konsa, and Bailey for Zaniolo. The later subs if looking good would be Moreno on for Digne and Zaniolo for Bailey to gain fitness and form. Then other subs as seen fit by Unai. That would be the ideal situation playing out, but as Villa fans we should know by now it won't be that comfortable or easy.

If pavlides was more clincal we could have been in trouble. I expect he will take his chances this time of given. He is a top striker

Im ok with pau and konsa on bench but other than that i dont want too many changes. Doubt moreno is reafy to start but hopewill get a good 20-30 mins 2nd half

I’m looking forward to this, it’s nice having midweek European games to look forward to again. I think Emery will go fairly strong but rotate four at most. Can see Carlos, Lenglet, Tielemans and Bailey coming in, with Moreno getting some minutes later on. That’s still a strong line up if we keep the rest the same, we should win but can’t take that for granted. 

• Like 2