Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, meregreen said:

If Dendoncker and Chambers play, I’ll be seriously worried.

We will lose if they play im  certain of it.

Chambers doesnt even make bench these days. He will be loaned or sold off come jan

The big question will be right back - especially if Cash has been struggling a little bit.

Konsa seems to be plan B, but he's our best centreback and only a passable right back, in big games we lose twice, once by not having him in the middle and the second time because he's limited on the right - for tonight, I'd hope he'd be rested if he's not playing in the middle.

Beyond that...pfff.

The next best right back we have is probably Kesler-Hayden, who is out on loan with a future that's uncertain, or maybe Callum Chambers who seems out of favour - if we don't fancy those two we start getting into the oddities of having someone like McGinn play there.

It's a big hole in the squad and one that needs addressing in January - what we do tonight will be very interesting.

• Like 1

Given that Lenglet & Carlos seem to be the #1 choice pairing in the UECL, I wonder might that free Pau up to go LB and move Digne to RB if Cash was struggling. But I can't see him doing something like that over just putting Konsa out there. Let's just hope Cash is ready.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m looking forward to this, it’s nice having midweek European games to look forward to again. I think Emery will go fairly strong but rotate four at most. Can see Carlos, Lenglet, Tielemans and Bailey coming in, with Moreno getting some minutes later on. That’s still a strong line up if we keep the rest the same, we should win but can’t take that for granted. 

I think this is what we'll see too 

• Like 1

Should be a good atmosphere under the lights VP is something else. Yeah as others have said if no Cash it's a tough one, don't want Konsa there he could do with a rest. The McGinn experiment won't be repeated no matter how willing McGinn is to do it. Chambers on form is probably better than Konsa there but the likelihood of him being on form with the amount of playing time he's had is remote. What do we have at u21 to play there? Or an u21 LB and move Digne right...

Hopefully we come out fast and get the crowd rocking, they'll shit the bed.

5 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Legia vs Zrinjski starts in 20 minutes - an unlikely draw probably the best result for us I think?? 🤔 

TBH it's hard to know what the best result would be, because it somewhat depends on what result we're able to get in each of the other games, eg if we fail to beat Legia but beat Zrinjski then a Zrinjski win tonight would be the best result. However, as we're not Mystic Meg, I think you're right and that we'd just want 2 points to come out of that game instead of 3. 

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

2-0 now, so we're probably going to need to win all 3 games to win the group

100%

Im glad legia are winning as if they lost we may have taken this game lightly - something we cannot afford to do

• Like 1