Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The line "Mr Mojo Risin'" from the Doors "L.A Woman" track, is an anagram of Jim Morrison

And L.A. stands for Linda Ashcroft, not Los Angeles as is widely assumed.

The line "Mr Mojo Risin'" from the Doors "L.A Woman" track, is an anagram of Jim Morrison

And L.A. stands for Linda Ashcroft, not Los Angeles as is widely assumed.

Probably both, actually. And the line "City of Night" is a reference to John Rechy's novel set among the L.A. gay subculture.

Ronny Heberson Furtado de Araújo can shoot a ball at 211 km/h, heres wiki article on him and heres one of his freekicks.

list of strongest shooters:

1. Ronny 211 km/h

2. David Hirst 182 km/h

3. Alex 176 km/h

4. Sinisa Mihajlovic 160 km/h

5. David Beckham 156 km/h

6. David Trezequet 153 km/h

7. Adriano 148 km/h

8. Matt Le Tissier 139 km/h

9. Roberto Carlos 137.5 km/h

10. Alan Shearer 137 km/h

a daddy long legs is one of the most venomous creatures out there, but their bite is so pathetic, they cant inject it in you to hurt you!!!

Isn't true. No-ones quite sure why people say it is though, the only decent explanation I ever heard was that it was a travellers story after having been bitten by a spider species whose name I forget abroad, which has a nasty bite and hangs around the same kinda places.

Also, random fact that ties in, daddy long legs can be taken to mean a number of invertebrates. some people call Crane flys daddy long legs, some people call harvestmen (you may have seen these on your wall, round body and really really long flat hair like legs) it, and there is actually a spider that is small with long spindly legs thats called it as well. And none of them are a threat to humans.

Isn't true. No-ones quite sure why people say it is though,

Isn't it because one of the creatures called the daddy long legs has the most potent poison in the world, just not the one we know as it?

If they really did someone surely would have died from accidentally eating one or something.

Ronny Heberson Furtado de Araújo can shoot a ball at 211 km/h, heres wiki article on him and heres one of his freekicks.

list of strongest shooters:

1. Ronny 211 km/h

2. David Hirst 182 km/h

3. Alex 176 km/h

4. Sinisa Mihajlovic 160 km/h

5. David Beckham 156 km/h

6. David Trezequet 153 km/h

7. Adriano 148 km/h

8. Matt Le Tissier 139 km/h

9. Roberto Carlos 137.5 km/h

10. Alan Shearer 137 km/h

That's the most interesting thing I've read on here in a long time. Cheers :thumb:

Isn't true. No-ones quite sure why people say it is though,

Isn't it because one of the creatures called the daddy long legs has the most potent poison in the world, just not the one we know as it?

If they really did someone surely would have died from accidentally eating one or something.

Nope its not. The crane fly isn't venomous, nor is the harvestman, and the cellar spider(the other one which is called Daddy Long Legs that actually is a spider), Wiki tells me is venomous but it's venom isn't even that effective against insects. Wiki hypotheses that with the cellar spider the myth might be born of the 'logic' one might get when seeing that cellar spiders eat the likes of the black widow, which is known to kill, so it's assumed the cellar spider has a stronger venom.

IIRC the explanation I was thinking of involved a spider that looked similar, and hung around the same habitats as the cellar spider, but was actually very venomous, I wanna say the violin spider or something like that.

Oh and if someone had eaten one, since spiders use venom, they'd be fine. Venom requires injection not consumption. Another tied in random fact ;).

Edited for psellign.

Can't advertise alcohol in France at all. Hence why Liverpool play in France in the Champs League, they have to wear plain shirts.

That's such a stupid rule. As if someone's going to be affected by an ad so seriously, that it becomes a threat to public safety.

Budweiser - 'Oh horses. I like horses. That stuff looks delicious. Maybe I'll try one of those'.

And they end up like Digby Chicken Caesar

Â