Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. If you did your eyes would fly out of their sockets.

Not true, it can be done.

Edit -

Your eyes have so many connections, holding them in place or connectiing them to other parts of the body it's simply not possible for it happen.

I don't like Mythbusters. It has a continual habit of telling me everything interesting I know is actually wrong.

It's one of the few things I miss while I'm at uni. Great show.

On topic... er... IIRC, if stranded on a desert island, you should carefully ration underripe coconut milk, as it'll give you diarrohea (undoubtedly spelt wrong) if you have too much.

If you are being burned at the stake, you should piss yourself, as this will create a lot of smoke which will suffocate you relatively painlessly compared to burning to death.

Similarly, if you are being hanged you should jump as high as you can as they remove whatever you're standing on as this will break your neck as opposed to choking to death.

If you are being burned at the stake, you should piss yourself, as this will create a lot of smoke which will suffocate you relatively painlessly compared to burning to death.

Don't know about that but I'd be shitting myself.

I'm a little worried that you're preparing for your execution though Stevo, what've you done?

I'm a little worried that you're preparing for your execution though Stevo, what've you done?

Swam in the pond outside the Roger Stevens building ;)

America's original five and dime stores starting with Woolworths have matched inflation remarkably well over the last century to become dollar stores. In fact the standard price point for these stores in 1913 was $0.05 adjusted for inflation that equals $1.02 in todays money

So when people say 'haha, that pissed on your bonfire' they are actually saying they want a quick death. Luckily, when people argue that I'm wrong that's what they often get.. :twisted::twisted:

Luckily, when people argue that I'm wrong that's what they often get

Unless they're on about breweries in Tennessee :P

*cough* distilleries *cough*

And JD is distilled in a dry county, the workers there get given their JD as part of their pay to get around the county's bye laws

Pedant!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What I should have said was

You can't buy Jack Daniels (or any other alcoholic beverage) in the county Jack Daniels is made in

This makes even less sense!

Carlsberg is brewed in Northampton but I can buy it quite easily here...

Dry county

A dry county is a county in the United States whose government forbids the sale of alcoholic beverages. Some prohibit off-premises sale, some prohibit on-premises sale, and some prohibit both. Hundreds of dry counties exist across the United States, although most commonly in the South. A number of smaller jurisdictions also exist, such as cities, towns and townships, which prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages. These are known as dry towns, dry cities or dry townships.

My father grew up in Wellesley, MA when it was a dry town, though the tale at the time was that "the streets were dry but the cellars were flooded"...

Interestingly enough regarding the Jack Daniels example, a special law in the state allows the distillery to sell small commemorative bottles, except on Sundays.

Luckily, when people argue that I'm wrong that's what they often get

Unless they're on about breweries in Tennessee :P

*cough* distilleries *cough*

And JD is distilled in a dry county, the workers there get given their JD as part of their pay to get around the county's bye laws

sounds quality haha

:lol:

Brilliant, brilliant answer! Though I think that'd probably kill you before you needed execution.

Having said that my flat mates did it in first year, then someone ran off with their clothes. They were not happy!

:lol:

Brilliant, brilliant answer! Though I think that'd probably kill you before you needed execution.

Having said that my flat mates did it in first year, then someone ran off with their clothes. They were not happy!

I did it in first year too on an otley run. Managed to remove most of the skin from my shin when I jumped in, so wasn't fun at all. Miraculously, i survived.

Â