Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Similarly, if you are being hanged you should jump as high as you can as they remove whatever you're standing on as this will break your neck as opposed to choking to death.

The process of hanging is designed to snap your spnial cord at the 3rd vertebrea.

The length of rope and drop is calculated on the victims weight to have the desired effect. If the drop is too great or if you increase the drop by jumping before the trap is opened you run the risk of decapitation.

I'm a little bit worried about how much some people here know about executions and methods of killing...

The BBC did a pretty fine job of explaining it in detail when Saddam was executed. In fact one of his cronies executed shortly afterwards was decapitated because the drop was too long. Gruesome.

Sunglasses were originally developed for the courtroom, not the outdoors

why?

and if it were to protect someone's anonymity, why not just wear a mask/balaclava etc?

any they wouldn't be called sunglesses, surely?

what relevance would the sun have?

Similarly, if you are being hanged you should jump as high as you can as they remove whatever you're standing on as this will break your neck as opposed to choking to death.

The process of hanging is designed to snap your spnial cord at the 3rd vertebrea.

The length of rope and drop is calculated on the victims weight to have the desired effect. If the drop is too great or if you increase the drop by jumping before the trap is opened you run the risk of decapitation.

I'd still take decapitation over strangling.

The process doesn't strangle Stevo, done properly it breaks the spinal cord - instant death.

Sunglasses were originally developed for the courtroom, not the outdoors

why?

and if it were to protect someone's anonymity, why not just wear a mask/balaclava etc?

any they wouldn't be called sunglesses, surely?

what relevance would the sun have?

For many years, dating back before the 1400s, judges in China wore quartz lenses colored by smoke so that no one in the courtroom could try to read their expressions and reactions to evidence since their decision in the trial wasn't made known until the end.

Not until the 1930s were sunglasses truly developed to keep out the glare of the sun, when Bausch & Lomb made such glasses for the U.S. Army Air Corps. In the 1960s, Foster Grant made sunglasses hugely popular by associating them with movie stars

The process doesn't strangle Stevo, done properly it breaks the spinal cord - instant death.

O ok, fair enough. In that case follow my advice if it won't be done properly ;)

For many years, dating back before the 1400s, judges in China wore quartz lenses colored by smoke so that no one in the courtroom could try to read their expressions and reactions to evidence since their decision in the trial wasn't made known until the end.

I'd read that Nero wore them during the gladiator fights ,his were made from polished emeralds which would pre-date the chinese by nearly 1400 years .... can't remember where I read that though probably some obscure history book I read .. don't know if there is anyhting on the web to back this up ??

One for all you handymen out there -

The opposite end from the hitting bit of the hammer is called the peen.

And for all the... weirdos:

Some female hyenas have a pseudo penis.

....and pullng your head off would not result in instant death? :)

Â