Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Every single nominee in the 2009 Grammy "record of the year" award is British.

Chasing Pavements, Adele

Viva La Vida, Coldplay

Bleeding Love, Leona Lewis

Paper Planes, M.I.A.

Please Read the Letter, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Every single nominee in the 2009 Grammy "record of the year" award is British.

Chasing Pavements, Adele

Viva La Vida, Coldplay

Bleeding Love, Leona Lewis

Paper Planes, M.I.A.

Please Read the Letter, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Well, 4.5/5...

The note lengths in the theme tune to Some Mother Do Ave Em are the correct length for Morse code spelling of the title

In the same vein, the rhythm of the beginning to

are "YYZ" in Morse.

-.-- -.-- --..

(the title is derived from the IATA code for Toronto's airport... and yes, like all true American Rush fans, I don't pronounce the title "Why-why-zee")

Mentioned on Mythbusters so some might have heard it before:

If the Eiffel Tower was placed in an air cylinder, its weight would not be more than that of the air cylinder. The weight of the tower is 10,100 tonnes compared to 10,265 tonnes of air.

in shakespears time mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes, when you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. which is where the phrase "good night, sleep tight" come from

The current rate of inflation in Zimbabwe could be as high as a Quintillion percent, although no-one is really sure of the exact rate.

When the government introduced the Z$ 100 Billion note, it could purchase 3 eggs. They have recently introduce a 100 trillion dollar note.

The current US$ to Z$ exchange rate is at an all time low (or high depending on which way you look at it) of US$1 = Z$ 28.4 Quadrillion

The current rate of inflation in Zimbabwe could be as high as a Quintillion percent, although no-one is really sure of the exact rate.

When the government introduced the Z$ 100 Billion note, it could purchase 3 eggs. They have recently introduce a 100 trillion dollar note.

The current US$ to Z$ exchange rate is at an all time low (or high depending on which way you look at it) of US$1 = Z$ 28.4 Quadrillion

Its mental.

I know a guy from Zimbabwe. Well, he works with my dad but I have met him a few times. He has moved over here to join the British Armed Forces, but is having a year earning a bit of money and seeing a bit of the country first. Think he is only 21 or 22, but its amazing some of the stories I have heard about being a white man in Zimbabwe at the moment. His family had their farm taken off of them which is kinda crap, but its some other things I heard about that I had never even thought about before.

He said the weirdest thing about the UK to him is walking into a shop and seeing stuff for sale on shelves. You dont get that in Zimbabwe. Too many people think that walking into the shop with a loaded shotgun entitles them to a 100% discount apparently, so everything gets served through a hatch. A bit like the night payment at petrol stations I guess.

The other thing is the money. It is literally worth **** all. People say something isnt worth the paper it is printed on, and in the case of the Zimbabwe Dollar, this is actually true. People will always try to get cash in other currencies. Not sure what the most popular ones are, but the American Dollar, the British Pound or the South African Rand are amongst them. Dunno how they manage to get hold of other currencies, I guess being able to live abroad is a big deal and those who are lucky enough to live near the border with South Africa (or one of the borders with other countries I guess) might have some opportunities. Everything else is probably done via the black market.

I know where he lives, which is close to be border with South Africa sees people crossing the border all the time to do shopping too. Zimbabwe really is a broken country.

Yup, Rev. It really is **** up. I had an email through this morinig with some pictures on and it's crazy. People literally having to visit restaurants with a wheelbarrow to carry the money.

It's similar to Germany after the war, people go into a cafe or restaurant, and byt he time they've finished their coffee, it costs more than when they went in.

It's insane, and the government, if they can be called that, just keep knocking zeros off the bills, which surely makes it even harder to keep track of!

The final picture on my email was a public toilet in Zimbabwe. The sign on the wall said "Only toilet paper must be used in this toilet. No Newspapers, No Magazines and no Zim Dollars can be flushed"

Crazy

You can't kneecap a baby ... no matter how hard I tried

:P

From the posting guidelines of the forum

• [*:244d68bd86]Defamation/Libel

This forum is subject to libel laws so please refrain from unfounded accusations against any public figures. If you are unsure then it is probably best not to post it.

:P

babies don't have kneecaps, it might be the only part of the human body you are born without ?

Â