Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Vesna Vulovic fell 33,000 feet after her plane was blown up by terorrists and survived. No one has survived a fall of that distance or further.

How?

I'd like to think someone put a double bed where she was falling and it cushioned her fall.

Vesna Vulovic fell 33,000 feet after her plane was blown up by terorrists and survived. No one has survived a fall of that distance or further.

How?

I'd like to think someone put a double bed where she was falling and it cushioned her fall.

I beleive she fell through a series of shop awnings, landed in a big laundry basket of pillows that happened to be being delivered to a nearby hotel at the time, before exhaling upwards out of her bottom lip causing a few feathers to float about in a comedy fashion.*

How she survived the exploding plane is anyone's guess.

* Or maybe I'm getting confused with an episode of the 3 Stooges or summat.

How?

If I remember correctly she was an air hostess and had sat and belted herself into the backwards facing hostess seat. When the plane was blown up the section she was in fell with her at the top, essentially, and the rest of the wreckage underneath her acted like a cushion as it crumbled on impact. She was still very very badly injured but lived.

Pedant!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What I should have said was

You can't buy Jack Daniels (or any other alcoholic beverage) in the county Jack Daniels is made in

This makes even less sense!

Carlsberg is brewed in Northampton but I can buy it quite easily here...

How?

If I remember correctly she was an air hostess and had sat and belted herself into the backwards facing hostess seat. When the plane was blown up the section she was in fell with her at the top, essentially, and the rest of the wreckage underneath her acted like a cushion as it crumbled on impact. She was still very very badly injured but lived.

I've looked it up and you are correct. I was under the impression that she was thrown from the plane and basically freefell on her own and survived.

Still an incredible story, but slightly less incredibe than I first thought.

I've looked it up and you are correct. I was under the impression that she was thrown from the plane and basically freefell on her own and survived.

there was a WWII pilot I read about once who did free fall from the plane and landed in a snowdrift ..with a few cuts and bruises ... his was only about 18,000 feet though ... I sort of remembered his name and googled him and eventually came up with Nick Alkemade as his name

You can't buy Jack Daniels (or any other alcoholic beverage) in the county Jack Daniels is made in

?

I think it was this thread where someone (Paddy?) mentiopned about the petrol pump sign on a dashbaord having the handle on the same side as the filler cap on the actual car...

Hate to prove you wrong...

image023lh0.jpg

Not guilty.

I remember someone posting it though.

Hands up, that was me!

Why if it wasn't for you pesky kids.... :oops:

Perhaps it is ment to be that the picture of the pump shows which side of it you are supposed to pull up to?

No someone go find a picture to prove that wrong!

?

:lol: I understand you completely :thumb: Tis a good fact if true!

Ahhhh! I just understood what you were saying. I have a cold (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.. I'm not thick, honest)

I thought you were saying that no alcohol could be purchased in the county it is made in.. the '(or any other alcohol beverage)' bit confused me.. whereas you're actually saying that Tennessee is a dry state..

Â