Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Final scores:

@TheAuthority - 1 ('Always Look on The Bright Side of Life')

@Seat68 - 2 ('Over the Rainbow' and 'Angels')

@Vancvillan - 0 (something tells me he wasn't playing for the victory though :-))

@It's Your Round - 2 ('Wind Beneath My Wings' and 'Angels')

@tonyh29 - 6 ('Wind Beneath My Wings' / 'Time to Say Goodbye' / 'Angels' / 'My Way' / 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' / 'Over the Rainbow')

@Phil Silvers - 1 ('Always Look on The Bright Side of Life')

Comfortable win for skulking-at-the-back funeral creep Tony there!

Full list is here:

https://www.coop.co.uk/funeralcare/music/charts

The ones people didn't get were:

• Ed Sheeran - 'Supermarket Flowers'
  • Nat King Cole - 'Unforgettable'
  • Westlife - 'You Raise Me Up'
  • Vera Lynn - 'We'll Meet Again' (thought someone would get this one)

The list was even worse in previous years; the 4th most popular in 2014 was the Match of the Day theme tune (!!!!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Comfortable win for skulking-at-the-back funeral creep Tony there!

Tbf I think only one of mine was an original guess , so I’ll share my £0.00 prize money equally amongst the other competitors ... except vancvillan :) 

• Haha 1

Beloved Hollywood actor Woody Harrelson's dad, Charles Harrelson, was a hitman. He was obliged in a number of murders and ultimately ended up serving 2 life sentences for murdering a judge (allegedly on the orders of a drug lord due to be tried before said judge. He eventually ended up in a maximum security prison following an escape attempt years later.

But perhaps most interestingly, he was implicated in the JFK assassination. He 'confessed' to the killing while involved in a police standoff (where he also was completely off his head on cocaine), and was known to have boasted to criminal acquaintances that he was the killer.  Subsequently he has been subsumed into the JFK assassination 'canon' of conspiracy theories as one of the infamous 'three tramps', and many believe has been identified as the youngest of the three.

• Like 1

I love a bit of JFK conspiracy stuff , must have spent hours and hours reading the stuff .... my favourite is that one of his security detail accidentally delivered the final shot as he kinda slipped as the car accelerated away ....ultimately it’s been 100% proven Oswald did it ( Ok maybe let’s say 99.9% to be safe )

The Harrelson story is an interesting one that does the round but The 3 tramps arrest notes  identified them as Gus W. Abrams, Harold Doyle, and John F. Gedney ... 

For no reason at all, enjoy the quality of this 60’s singles and albums chart.

Kinks, Small Faces, Dylan, Beach Boys, Sinatra, Dusty Springfield, John Mayall, Rolling Stones...

EVCBlWeXYAAiCpM?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For no reason at all, enjoy the quality of this 60’s singles and albums chart.

Kinks, Small Faces, Dylan, Beach Boys, Sinatra, Dusty Springfield, John Mayall, Rolling Stones...

EVCBlWeXYAAiCpM?format=jpg&name=medium

Indeed. Very little out-and-out crap in there at all - apart from the #1, eh Bicks? :)(Actually, even I detest Yellow Sub). 1967 and 1968 were THE peak years for the singles charts. 

• Like 1

We had a type of spider I didn’t recognise on the rabbit hutch.

A bit less than a cm long, fat n round, glossy brown with a bit of cream, scruffy shapeless web.

So I looked it up.

It’s called a rabbit hutch spider.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A bit less than a cm long, fat n round, glossy brown with a bit of cream, scruffy shapeless web.

So I looked it up.

I find this post works best if you read it in the style of Alan Bennett.

• Like 3

Probably posted this before but a slightly interesting but totally useless bit of trivia which is forever locked in my mind is that the HMW dog is called Nipper. 

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

So I looked it up.

Should have called is Starski. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Probably posted this before but a slightly interesting but totally useless bit of trivia which is forever locked in my mind is that the HMW dog is called Nipper. 

I am sure the HMW dog was called Slipper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well you would be wrong. 

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Nah I am pretty certain when HMW was started they used a golden retriever called Slipper peering into a speaker. Just googled and yeah its right. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Nah I am pretty certain when HMW was started they used a golden retriever called Slipper peering into a speaker. Just googled and yeah its right. 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Slipper the dog is a velcome distraction.

Sorry, am I missing a joke? 

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Â