Jareth

I think we are basically doing what Newcastle did last season. Think we will eventually tail off, just gotta hope we fall.amongst the champions League places but my gosh am i all in for the title ride whilst it lasts. Let's keep the home record up and improve away and you just never know.

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

At least one team is going to find the consistency required to win the title, why not us? We are seeing this Villa side doing things none of us really felt possible at the start of the season.

My instinct is to call you crazy but you're right. 

Arsenal are flying by the seat of their pants at the minute in their last few games.

Liverpool have shown that they can get the consistency under Klopp. But can he do it with a brand new midfield? 

I do know one thing, I'd back our owners to make the right funds available over Arsenal and Liverpools to make signings to consolidate our position in January.

We're by far the underdog. But if Arsenal and Liverpool can't quite find the consistency and NSWE make funds available, there's no reason why we can't be the one to find it.

Man City is a law unto themselves. We'd need them to fail catacylsmically, but we should be looking at Arsenal and Liverpool and just taking it a game at a time to keep in the running and seeing if we can pull something special off in Jan.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

At least one team is going to find the consistency required to win the title, why not us? We are seeing this Villa side doing things none of us really felt possible at the start of the season.

I still don't think we've hit top gear yet. The Man City game was immense, that's our level. We need to be that good more often, we're demonstrably capable. We've improved month on month since Emery came in. Why couldn't we hit our stride after Christmas?

Who'd bet against us?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Villa's next 12 PL Games. All Winnable. No one's gotta better run of fixtures than this surely? 
image.thumb.png.7107f27f703ad54af467c21579a9d948.png

These are the kind of teams we struggle against though and we are tired. It's going to be no easy feat to maintain title form through these games. Brentford, United, Everton, Fulham Away games, none of those are easy, particularly for a team that struggles on the road compared to at home

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

These are the kind of teams we struggle against though and we are tired. It's going to be no easy feat to maintain title form through these games. Brentford, United, Everton, Fulham Away games, none of those are easy, particularly for a team that struggles on the road compared to at home

Stop pissing  on Unai’s cornflakes!

(You are absolutely correct though.  That forest game is really, really annoying me right now)

57 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We are a big club with a big history. Us being in this position is not like Leicester at all. Maybe it is a generation thing but I seem to see it differently to some 

I agree, though it would be nice not to have a title race  just once every generation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Do we? Not saying that we won't slip up along the way (fatigue will definitely be an issue) but this season we've brushed aside pretty much all the "inferior" teams except Forest, Wolves and Bournemouth, and even then we managed to get a point each from the latter two.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Do we? Not saying that we won't slip up along the way (fatigue will definitely be an issue) but this season we've brushed aside pretty much all the "inferior" teams except Forest, Wolves and Bournemouth, and even then we managed to get a point each from the latter two.

Wolves been tough against most teams that visited them. Bournemouth finally turned the table to what is expected from them, their form i good. They won 4 and drew to us. 
We can’t go to that conclusion yet, we feared our games against top sides because of what happened in Newcastle or Liverpool, but in reality we seem to get through that and now getting clean sheets again.

We shall only take it game at a time. Brentford will be a tough game, win that and it would give us a boost. Before that we have to make sure we qualify 1st in Europe so we’re sure we can focus on the league until January. 
During our last 4 games we had some good things:

Winning away after conceding first. 
Getting back twice while being bad and drawing instead of loss.

Winning away against a top side (as some people won’t consider Chelsea at the moment)

Continue our winning streak even though we had arguably the toughest two home fixtures.

After we forgot what is clean sheet, we come back and get two in row in those toughest games.

Attacking City the way we saw (and beginning of Arsenal game) shows our identity.

Winning while not playing good (understandable because of the tough game against City and no rest). 

I think this run will help us a lot, even Emery will know that we still have an issue at home and will try to find a way. With Emery I don’t think there is a big worry about getting carried away.

Keep winning, trying to qualify in Europe and Cup while adjusting the squad and see where it takes us.

We’ve been smashing some records, we need a win at Brentford which hasn’t happened for a long long time. It will be challenging without Luiz, Dinge is easier but I’m not sure we’d want to start using Moreno for full games yet. This added to their tough stadium regardless their form. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We are a big club with a big history. Us being in this position is not like Leicester at all. Maybe it is a generation thing but I seem to see it differently to some 

I agree. To repeat what I just said in the post-match thread (sorry to those reading it a second time): The title would be magical to us as Villans but I doubt that it will ever capture the popular imagination like they did. It's not just that they were a traditional yo-yo club that had never won the league...they were relegation favorites with 5,000 to 1 odds for the title that year. We're the biggest club in the second biggest city in England with a glorious-if-inconsistent history and at the start of the season we were being talked about as top 6 contenders at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emi Martinez has an elite mentality and is a winner. Need to rub this off to the rest of the players and the fanbase.

You're never going to win the title if you don't believe it.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 3