Cup final 2/6 pre match

Pinebro

1 minute ago, jim said:

Good team, should be no excuses getting a result tonight.

We said the same when we played Stevenage...  no game is a given these days.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully jas. Both have a lot go prove

Totally agree, have got to be a LOT better. Especially if they want any chance of ever getting into our preferred or most favoured first 11. More so for Youri…

Hopefully Unai has been on their case in training and it will bring about an improvement.

Before the season started, or on paper, I’m sure most of us would have thought that a back up central midfield of Dendoncker and Tielemans would have been fine against weaker opposition… they need to find some form and show what they have to offer…

1 minute ago, useless said:

Tielemans and Dendoncker have over 300 Premier League appearances between them and over ninety caps for Belgium, they shouldn't as much of a concern as is being made out

It’s more of a reaction to how poorly they played vs Everton. Hopefully they will only get better…

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yes the mighty Zrinjski Mostar are really something to be worried about.

5-0 villa.

The two midfielders in question, donk and tielemans were at fault for both goals against everton in the cup.

Tielemans has been consistently poor each time he's played.

They are in the middle of the park, against a team who are playing a huge club from the premier league, so will be bang up to it.

They also beat AZ on the last game

There's justified reasons for concern.

• Like 1

Tielemans worries me as he doesn’t seem to have any drive and determination… I mean, I’m sure he does, but he does stroll around like he doesn’t care sometimes.

Not writing the player off obviously, but I would expect to see more from him if he’s a starting CM. Energy and Determination are the least I expect I suppose. 

25 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Was really hoping not to see Tielemans starting.

Good to see Emi in though.

He needs to come good, we cant rely on Doug and Kamara playing every game.

• Like 1