Ratings & Reactions: Legia Warszawa v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/09/23 at 22:59

13 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Based on one game? We’re we had 5 starting 11 on the bench, chill

I want to be optimistic but based on that performance we won’t get past the better teams. I’m prepared to eat my hat though 

Chambers, Digne, McGinn, Kamara, Tielemens all terrible tonight.

If you're going to rest players, you should do it properly and rest McGinn as well. First half it was like we were playing with ten men. The guy was invisible, clearly off the pace. Worn out after his efforts for Scotland.

If you're going to rest players, don't play Chambers! In fact just don't play Chambers! Ever!

Digne was all over the shop, just like his country man Kamara. 

Tielemens just missed everything, tackles, passes, shots. Struggled to even stand up, has he even heard of balance?

Duran should've stayed on, his presence terrified them, Watkins was ineffective.

Zaniolo was good, but he can be a bit too clever sometimes.

Bailey was lively, unfortunately the got no support, and not one good pass from Chambers.

Jj looks hungry.

Lenglet was poor, looks slow, didn't try to play much, Konsa took over ball playing duties and it showed. He isn't and ball player.

Just really poor all round

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Got it horribly wrong. Messing with the defence when we have a system with not much room for error, killed us. 

Digne can’t defend, chambers can’t run. Kamara is well off it, Tielemans, hopefully he shuts up about starts now. 

I don't think Lenglet for Pau was a bad call but I think he has learnt that Cash now has to play every game at least until Carlos comes back.  It's not that damaging a defeat in the long term as long as we learn from it, win our home games and get a result away.  Digne still is in credit despite what happened tonight plus we have Moreno back.  I'm more worried about the Kamara/Tielemans battle for a midfield spot at the mo.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now over to depressingly watch Brighton probably dismantle AEK.

Difference is they don't have a bunch of mercenaries as backups.

They did 5+ changes for the united game and still comfortably beat them. We could never afford to do that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

How many bad day's at the office can one team have, we've barely started the season yet produced more abjectly awful performances than the entire of last season under Emery.

We're going backwards, unfortunately.

So disappointed watching that. 

Soooo slooooow. Without mings we have so little physicality. We are limp. No pace, power, desire, effort even at times. He drives the whole team forwards. 

Still not seeing anything in tielemans other than a really slow, weak and disinterested version of Ashley Westwood. 

Longlet and Chambers are two of the weakest and slowest professionals I've ever seen. 

Kamara of last year yet to emerge and he looks lost without Luiz next to him at the moment.

The whole team lacks cohesion as soon as Luiz is not playing. 

Not sure I'd be starting Watkins on sat, Jhon offers some energy and urgency that Ollie seems to be lacking at the moment. Needs some goals, so maybe keep laying him I suppose.......

Embarrassed to be going to work tomorrow after that.....

Edited by tommytenjobs

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Zaniolo right and Ramsey left could be the answer in the advanced midfield slots. 

And drop Bailey and Diaby?

I think it's difficult picking four from Watkins, Diaby, Duran, Zaniolo, Bailey, McGinn and Ramsey - in theory that should give us the ability ti be threatening in games like this.

It's the other end we're struggling at.

15 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yeah, to the supposed weakest (Bosnian) team in the group, who I think we play next.

I think it's AZ at home next who we can give a real uphill battle to if we win

Edit, Ignore, you're right 

Edited by tomav84

Shocking. Estraklasa is championship level at best and Legia aren’t even a good team in that league. Totally underestimated them, got schooled.

They deserved despite all of our possession, looked like scoring every time they got the ball in our half, which was yes 3 times.

Just now, Spoony said:

The selected team should really be beating Legia Warsaw. I was fine with the selection. But the reality is setting in that yet again we only seem to have XI competent players and no reliable depth. Sigh. 

On paper ye sbut you don't factor in things like general fitness, match sharpness, chemistry.

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

If that team can’t do a job against inferior players then we are in trouble . All we had to do was match them for work rate and quality wins it us.  Second half we were even worse with our better players . 

You underestimate their collective quality. They might have had individually inferior players, but they played as a team and were able to prosper because of it.

Our defensive line up was cack handed, slow and mismatched. He should have had the best team on from the start. Simple as that.

• Like 1