Ratings & Reactions: Legia Warszawa v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/09/23 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Is something up in the camp? Like, this doesn't seem right.

We came from behind and beat Palace at the weekend, you don’t do that if something is up in the camp. 
We’ve struggled away from home and played poorly but there is no need to jump to conclusions 

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I wonder if he has ever experienced a more embarrassing performance in his managerial career.

Absolute pathetic performance today

Stevenage last season?

I'm sticking half the blame on Emery for that, you could see after about 25 mins Chambers couldn't run and he left him on over 60. Also, subbing off Duran??!! 

Poor from the manager, most our players looked 5 yards off the pace, the defence were tragic and we literally gifted them 3 of the easiest goals they will ever score. 

Zaniolo was decent until the booking. 

I thought Bailey played well. He got kicked at every opportunity but he didn't have a bad game. 

Duran was our best player. Why the hell he subbed him off I will never know and we shared the lads frustration at the decision. 

So disappointing to wait all this time to get back into Europe and that is the dog shit served up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Maybe Unai having his eye for UCL then.

Focusing on the league instead. Maybe it's coming from the owners

I don't agree with all of their decisions, but I don't think our owners are complete **** idiots.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think that is the worst game we’ve had under Emery. 
At the moment his tactics away from home are just not working. 

I'm pretty sure he didn't tell Digne and Chambers to not press and play poorly as possible.

27 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m honestly really disappointed with just how bad we are playing. I think we look terrible in many areas of the pitch. 

I thought we would do better tonight. Some players haven't taken their chance at all. 

Throwing Chambers and Lenglet in was a massive error. The team selection was poor and the blame for tonight is on Emery. 

Why he didn't go with a strong team and a weaker team in later rounds is baffling. He **** up.

We've seen a lot of worrying things so far this season. Emery needs to sort it out asap 

• Like 2

Legia played very well, crowd was noisy, not an easy place to go. Our defensive play was shite, nothing from midfield to help and Chambers looked completely lost for at least one goal and a few chances as well. We looked so far behind play, the 50/50 in the middle and around our box were lost tome after time. 

First game back in Europe for donkeys, the fans deserved better. Away in a hostile ground against a good side- we should really have gone a lot stronger. Its the start of the season- get the job done, then give players a rest. Amazing how many managers dont do this. Unai really should have learned from last season’s cup exits.

We got level twice and still didnt learn. Never mind, its only the first game. Should be an interesting group and at least all our remaining games have something riding on them.

Get something at Chelsea, and this will be forgotten. Demand a response.

Duran 4 goals already this season - MOTM. Zaniolo looked good first half. The rest should be looking in the mirror tonight