Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's a clearing in the woods, that's his thing. Dressing pseudo profound nonsense in flowery language.

I was SO Into a lot of his work from his Radio 2 days until the stand-up tour when he'd become a Dad. I could totally relate to a lot of his material in that show.

And then he seemed to take a dramatic right turn and I completely checked out from following him in double-quick time. I've never gone from actively supporting someone to being totally disinterested so quickly in all my life.

His flowery language for me was all part of the show, whereas now it feels like part of the same act Boris Johnson, Mogg et al use to trick thick people into thinking they're clever. Hence the pseudo-profound in your post.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was SO Into a lot of his work from his Radio 2 days until the stand-up tour when he'd become a Dad. I could totally relate to a lot of his material in that show.

And then he seemed to take a dramatic right turn and I completely checked out from following him in double-quick time. I've never gone from actively supporting someone to being totally disinterested so quickly in all my life.

His flowery language for me was all part of the show, whereas now it feels like part of the same act Boris Johnson, Mogg et al use to trick thick people into thinking they're clever. Hence the pseudo-profound in your post.

I've never liked him. 

When he did standup early on he had a bit criticising populist nonsense in the papers, about sending Myra Hindley to Afghanistan, that was the only thing he did that was any good to my mind.

Then he just became this faux libertine clearing in the woods celebrity, everything designed to make me hate him.

And then he shifted to the pseudo intellectual stuff which was completely vacuous but sounded like he was saying something deep when he said nothing at all. And then he pivoted again to what he is now, a word removed peddling right wing conspiracy bollocks couched in the usual tripe of 'just asking questions' and the like, and costuming it up in his life story of overcoming drug addiction to add give his viewpoints gravitas.

Alex Jones that read the cheat sheet on 19th century left wing philosophers and loves pushing profit conspiracies.

word removed.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've never liked him. 

When he did standup early on he had a bit criticising populist nonsense in the papers, about sending Myra Hindley to Afghanistan, that was the only thing he did that was any good to my mind.

Then he just became this faux libertine clearing in the woods celebrity, everything designed to make me hate him.

And then he shifted to the pseudo intellectual stuff which was completely vacuous but sounded like he was saying something deep when he said nothing at all. And then he pivoted again to what he is now, a word removed peddling right wing conspiracy bollocks couched in the usual tripe of 'just asking questions' and the like, and costuming it up in his life story of overcoming drug addiction to add give his viewpoints gravitas.

Alex Jones that read the cheat sheet on 19th century left wing philosophers and loves pushing profit conspiracies.

word removed.

I can understand all of that.

Weird one for me. I started listening to him when I was going through a massively difficult time with my mental health, living abroad, and he gave me a sense of comfort somehow.

Now though, it feels like just opportunism. A celebrity populist. Right now, his easiest route to fame and fortune is conspiracy bollocks so that's the direction he's pointing his persona.

He's clearly always been a troubled individual seeking validation. Seems like he's finally found it.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

There is still no explanation for the big break Peter Kay took is there? 

No, but he's clearly been rather unwell - having kidney stones and having to lose weight is a part of his current show, as his the death of his nan which I suspect hit him hard, given other content of aforementioned show.

The connection to baking makes sense. Left the job in a hurry and the early word on this show was it would open a new avenue for #MeToo...

There is also a suggestion there might be a woman who is accused as well.

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cup cakes are about to become significantly less hip

Might explain why Matt Lucas stepped down from GBBO?

Especially as allegedly one of the other 'offenders' was on BGT too. 

Sounds like trouble is afoot in little Britain...

35 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I remember being told a story (initials SC) and another story from a second person about that individual from his time on a once popular TV show and often wonder if that was ever to come out. 

It wasn't about suggesting monkeys play tennis was it?

I recall Courtney Love had a fling with him in the mid 2000s and was far from complimentary about him and his lifestyle

59 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I remember being told a story (initials SC) and another story from a second person about that individual from his time on a once popular TV show and often wonder if that was ever to come out. 

He’s rumoured to be gay but I don’t think it’s a career ender and don’t know why he doesn’t just come out 

edit - ah ha just read the post above mine and realised you were talking about a different SC

Edited by tonyh29

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

No way

Capital's Big FAT Quiz Of The Year - 2014 Edition - Capital

A few years back I followed a female comedian on Twitter and she tweeted and deleted very quickly something along the lines of can't believe a known rapist is on TV right now, an open secret in comedy circles. 

This was Sunday and Sunday Brunch was on, the only comedian was the chubby Iranian. As I say the tweet was deleted fairly sharpish. 

Â