Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

Dispatches stories are usually things that have wider society/institutional impact. If they were doing a celebrity scandal report it's either highlighting a bigger issue, or the scandal is so enormous it's a thing in its own right.

The talk is it involves multiple household name figures and would potentially be a career ender for some of them.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The 90 minute Saturday night reveal with complete secrecy makes me wonder if they've finally nailed one of the national treasures that have been rumoured to be wrong uns for years, but it could be almost anything.

Play it cool Trig, play it cool...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I still marvel at how Pete Townsend was able to wriggle out of his "problem" a while back. 

The guy admitted to watching child sex abuse videos.

It's possible his explanation was legitimate, and I want to believe him but...not many people who admit to doing that would've been let off the hook like he was, by both the police, and the public.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think anyone would be shocked if Brand was accused of acting like a word removed. He's an ex drug addled sex addict. 

I mean, he's not exactly hidden it. Literally nothing about his sexual exploits would shock me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I really hope it's not one of my heroes like Ray Davies, Mick Jagger, or...Pete Townsend.

It's UK comedians/entertainers - and seems to not be about nonce-ery. You'll probably not have heard of some of them when it comes out, there's very few figures, even big ones, in the UK comedy scene that cross the pond.

I read some suggestion that they wouldn’t go for Saville while he was alive, too big of a national treasure, and that there is another (are others, maybe) of similar status where stuff would only really come out after they died.

Was Rolf Harris not of sufficient standing then? He was basically an adopted national treasure wasn’t he? He was certainly of far more relevance to me than Saville ever was. 

The phrasing of this tweet earlier today hinted that Brand may be of sudden interest to people. 

Although a quick skim of the article itself doesn’t hint at anything that would be a Dispatches style tell all doc, the tweet is a bit suggestive.

I wonder if anyone else will follow suit and try to get ahead of it?

I guess Brand is best placed for it since his thing is the right wing conspiracy nut underground of social media these days. Nobody in that world will believe any allegations against him unless there's actually video of him in the act of assaulting a woman.

Â