Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The rules have changed thats a bookable offence you can't throw the ball away anymore

Okay, but when Dougie gets scythed down at the other end there’s no yellow. Rules/reffing are so shite.

We should be at least two up anyway, but Ollie having his customary stinker in the league. I really want him to do well, it’s just not happening at the moment. 

1 minute ago, ozvilla28 said:

No pressure on Watkins is the problem and competition his place is safe.

I don't think it is. He's a hard worker and won't try less because there's no competition. He just hasn't got the natural instinct of a striker, which is not something that can be coached. He's hit hit ceiling, we need an upgrade.

Just now, bobzy said:

Not really entirely sure what he can do?  We've been miles the better side, completely dominated and created at least three very, very good chances.

It's been an almost perfect half bar some poor finishing.

Not let Archer go to play in games like this.

Just now, blunther said:

Ref's a **** word removed.

From reading the thread I'll be in the minority, but I think he's been alright tbh, no big decisions wrong, the yellows have been fair. Would have liked to see one more yellow for them when Luiz (I think) got taken out, but generally he's got most things right and has been decently consistent for me. 

Not brilliant, but not actively causing a scandal is pretty remarkable for a PL ref, I'll take it.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

From reading the thread I'll be in the minority, but I think he's been alright tbh, no big decisions wrong, the yellows have been fair. Would have liked to see one more yellow for them when Luiz (I think) got taken out, but generally he's got most things right and has been decently consistent for me. 

Not brilliant, but not actively causing a scandal is pretty remarkable for a PL ref, I'll take it.

He's been absolutely fine bar not booking Doucoure.

• Like 1

Extremely frustrating 50 minutes. We are playing well but Watkins and Cash have been wasteful. Hairline VAR lottery offside call on a lovely goal and the handball "rule" being whatever.

Ref giving advantage 3 times and then failing to hand out blatant yellows to Palace players. 

• Like 1

Pau looking better than he has, zaniolo, diaby both good - dougie masterful again .  If only those Watkins chances had fallen to diaby.  I think we have played well, but for nothing unless we win.  I get the frustration at being slow, I’m the same as we look so good when play quick ball - but that’s all part of the tactics