Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Bailey and watkins playing like the chuckle brothers

I'm just genuinely really confused what Unai sees in Bailey. Seems to love him.

Why bother bringing in Duran and Zaniolo if you're just going to watch Leon do the same things poorly virtually every week, with rare exceptions.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Teams that finished 4th and 5th then. Better than us.

Doesn't mean we're mentally weak.

The performance at home to Newcastle last season shows we can compete with them. I can't explain it, it's like we play with a confidence v some teams but look unsure v others.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All this being said, we've missed 2 sitters and should be level by now. 

Poor finishing the difference 

Not sure what's confusing @DCJonah. We've missed 2 sitters. Even the pro Liverpool commentators said both should have been scored. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

There's that grey area with the offside rule where the ball was played to Salah but he just left it knowing he was off. So everyone slowed down except Nunez who just ran on to it. 

That's the problem with the rule

The idea that salah isn't interfering is obviously bollocks, our entire back 4 are influenced by where he is and hold their position because of him

The rule is **** stupid

Just now, HKP90 said:

We've won our last 4 comprehensively. If you're not confident after that you might as well go and play Cricket or something.

I am sure we started confidently, but after conceding after 3, losing a key defender to injury and struggling to put any sequence together for 20 minutes, it’s gone.

Just now, est1874 said:

I'm just genuinely really confused what Unai sees in Bailey. Seems to love him.

Why bother bringing in Duran and Zaniolo if you're just going to watch Leon do the same things poorly virtually every week, with rare exceptions.

He is all ups and downs. Does ridiculously poor things, then brilliant things. Plus he's been scoring and assisting a lot lately so..

Just now, sidcow said:

Not sure what's confusing @DCJonah. We've missed 2 sitters. Even the pro Liverpool commentators said both should have been scored. 

It's that we shouldn't be level as Liverpool have also missed sitters, I guess.

It should be 6-2.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Should have sold Watkins whilst people think he’s good. We should have known better, I.e. that her return to type rapidly 

Watkins is a very good striker, but not top level. Ideally we'd get decent money for him and sign an upgrade, but I don't imagine that's possible for us. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

There's that grey area with the offside rule where the ball was played to Salah but he just left it knowing he was off. So everyone slowed down except Nunez who just ran on to it. 

I wouldn't call it a grey area. He is not offside if he doesn't play. 

How about our players just play to the whistle?

• Confused 1

Just now, thunderball said:

I am sure we started confidently, but after conceding after 3, losing a key defender to injury and struggling to put any sequence together for 20 minutes, it’s gone.

Fragile as a glass child.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They've also missed good chances. This game should be over for them this half.

I wouldn't say their misses are as bad as ours. Both should have been routine finishes in the net