January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Was he the one linked to Liverpool?

Yep and Bayern, although Bayern are no longer interested as somebody is working out in that position.  Not sure what it’s to do with us though.

4 hours ago, John said:

Agreed, he wouldn't join us unless he was a starter and he may well prefer to join another London club in any case. 

As has been said, it's Total Villa, but I love the idea of a player turning them down for us. He obviously wants European football, to win things and to be part of UE's project. If that's the case, I hope he gets his wish. ;)

I'm not sure we can afford him right now. Emery has already indicated we don't have much headroom with FFP unless we sell one of our high value players. This guy would cost at least 50m (maybe nearer £70m with the PL tax) so don't think it is realistic... Certainly not in January anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John said:

Agreed, he wouldn't join us unless he was a starter and he may well prefer to join another London club in any case. 

As has been said, it's Total Villa, but I love the idea of a player turning them down for us. He obviously wants European football, to win things and to be part of UE's project. If that's the case, I hope he gets his wish. ;)

His profile and stats plus age are like a match made in heaven from what i looked at… but I’ve never really seen him play… anyone able to certify if he is someone that would propel us forward? @burchy or any others

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Finally something interesting....erm I know nothing about him lol

Edit. A forward that can play across the front three but predominantly as a 2nd striker from the left. Exactly what we need, he sure has the physique and from the 1 minute I've seen so far can strike a ball

Edited by supermon

28 minutes ago, supermon said:

Edit. A forward that can play across the front three but predominantly as a 2nd striker from the left. Exactly what we need, he sure has the physique and from the 1 minute I've seen so far can strike a ball

JJ competition/understudy and/or Zaniolo replacement esque?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Sure most of the pundits were saying we weren't going to sign anyone this window. Still possible we won't, but now seems likely we'll be bringing in at least two younger players, so you can forget what most of them say, it's not worth listening to.

• Like 1

Not sure about the Morgan links to be honest as he seems awfully similar to Philogene, who we’ve just sold and has better stats in the Championship. Out of all the Middlesbrough players on the day I was most impressed by their young forward.