January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

He can barely get any minutes at Arsenal who are struggling at the moment for some creativity. Has been an unused sub 8 times and started once

The fact that we are even in the mix to take promising players off other top 4 rivals is great in my opinion. We were in the championship 4 years ago...

We have to accept we arent going to be taking the likes of Rice and Ogdegaard off them 🤣, this is our level and we are getting there slowly.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

The fact that we are even in the mix to take promising players off other top 4 rivals is great in my opinion. We were in the championship 4 years ago...

We have to accept we arent going to be taking the likes of Rice and Ogdegaard off them 🤣, this is our level and we are getting there slowly.

He’s 23, he’s only two years young than Luiz 😂

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s 23, he’s only two years young than Luiz 😂

He's a player who's failed to live up to his promise and they're looking to cash in on him because he's not good enough 

• Like 3

9 times out of 10 it’s the agents fishing for better deals for their client. It’s easy to throw a name out there if we’ve expressed interest but not looked into it further 

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

I feel like Zaniolo could be exactly this player

I keep thinking and saying this, he needs to be given a chance and he has more to offer than Duran right now… he’s not a winger.

I think he’d be most effective up there with Ollie, more central, and could even cover for him. He has the technique and physicality… and can finish…two important goals for us against Mostar and Sheff Utd.

Has been no worse than Diaby who needs to find a way to get his mojo back or take a short break… play him on the wing. Let him and Leon battle it out for that spot.  RW is the position he’s most used to?

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think its a tactical change to the squad. We are interested in a left back/  left centreback ( Hermoso ) that doesnt bomb forward and a 18 year old rightback ( Kosta ) that does. 

So that would change our options at left back as both of them currently bomb forward. 

And then at right back you would have the option of safety in Konsa and attacking in Kosta. And a mix of both in Cash. 

Would bring the average age of the defence down a  little as well. Which is important as we have 5 very similarly aged players at the back currently. Carlos Mings Moreno Digne Chambers and Emi all 30-31. 

I agree...thats when it will give Unai options, when playing contrasting opponents.....right now, he doesn't have the diversity, in the playing squad.

I find it simple to reconcile in my mind, when a player doesn't want to come to us now.

Its pretty well a universal claim, that the Premier league is the best around.....if players don't want the opportunity to play in it, I question their motivation and drive.

If they don't fancy it.....they might be right. They know their capabilities better than we do.

• Like 2

I must say transfer windows have become more boring as ive gotten older and don’t really know any of the talent around the world anymore. I hadn’t heard of any player Emery has signed other than Tielemans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I must say transfer windows have become more boring as ive gotten older and don’t really know any of the talent around the world anymore. I hadn’t heard of any player Emery has signed other than Tielemans. 

I still look at transfermarket once a day to see who's moved and this is a really boring one so far, lots of transfers in south America and Japan as I think it's their end of season but next to nothing in Europe or even Saudi 

17 hours ago, duke313 said:

Let’s see him coach in league 2 see how good he is.

Have you heard the result of their investigation then?;)

Given the number of charges against them, that would not be unreasonable punishment, sadly by the time any decision is implemented Pep will probably in his 90s.  

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I still look at transfermarket once a day to see who's moved and this is a really boring one so far, lots of transfers in south America and Japan as I think it's their end of season but next to nothing in Europe or even Saudi 

Yea it’s because of the FFP rules getting harsher gradually over the next few years

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's a player who's failed to live up to his promise and they're looking to cash in on him because he's not good enough 

Exactly, avoid.  Will be a big enough fee, high wages and will be help Arsenal with FFP.  Better value elsewhere.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea it’s because of the FFP rules getting harsher gradually over the next few years

Something had to give though. The transfer fees and wages were becoming ridiculous. Hopefully some sort of reset can happen over the next few years although it’s more likely just going to see the traditional big clubs get a stronghold again.  Football is becoming a bit shit really isn’t it?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Something had to give though. The transfer fees and wages were becoming ridiculous. Hopefully some sort of reset can happen over the next few years although it’s more likely just going to see the traditional big clubs get a stronghold again.  Football is becoming a bit shit really isn’t it?

Stricter rules might be a bit harsher and will limit our spending, but if it means Arsenal or Liverpool can't go out every season and cherry pick our players, then i'm all for it.