January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

2 hours ago, striker said:

Players being moved on makes it increasingly likely new players coming in!

Looks like Chambers may be on his way too?

Nothing appears likely at this point… there are 2-3 available, at least… we need decent offers to come in but…

spacer.png

Activity tends to heat up toward the end of windows anyway but… we need to time to bring in replacements (hopefully lined up) if we really/actually are employing a one in, one out policy… 

As usual, we just have to wait and see…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Tbh, a lot of our defensive issues would ease if you could bring in a RB, Konsa back at CB and manage to sell Chambers/Traore

Yup. A RB has to be a priority. Especially when you look at how dangerous we are down the left with Digne/Alex Moreno. We need that down the right. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RB please. I can’t do anymore Konsa-Diego on the right. Konsa is a great defender but he’s a CB. 

This is, almost to a scary deja vu level, the same problem when we played Cuellar at RB. When we played a back 3 with Mings, Konsa, Hause.

Centerbacks will naturally get too narrow. It is their instinct. 

We need another RB so Unai can feel comfortable rotating Cash. 

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

RB please. I can’t do anymore Konsa-Diego on the right. Konsa is a great defender but he’s a CB. 

This is, almost to a scary deja vu level, the same problem when we played Cuellar at RB. When we played a back 3 with Mings, Konsa, Hause.

Centerbacks will naturally get too narrow. It is their instinct. 

We need another RB so Unai can feel comfortable rotating Cash. 

Emery by choice played Foyth - a CB as RB - maybe it’s just how he likes to operate. Bayern & Citeh have also played with CB as FB to great success. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Emery by choice played Foyth - a CB as RB - maybe it’s just how he likes to operate. Bayern & Citeh have also played with CB as FB to great success. 

Yes but their inverted CB’s are much better on the ball than Konsa. 

I don’t have a problem with a CB playing at RB. But we’re doing Konsa and the team a disservice because that is not his best position. 

• Like 2

That player is already playing first team football for Red Star Belgrade and has been playing in the Champions League for them.

He wouldn't be playing in our academy.

Also we already have Triston Rowe playing rightback, one of the highest rated players in our academy at the moment

• Like 1

Something that's been left ignored other than by me, is that Emery did say at his press conference, that if Traore and Chambers go then it's possible we will could bring in some project players to replace them, he didn't use those exact same words, but it's what he implied. So think a signing like this is possible and guess what he could be viewed as Chambers replacement

1 minute ago, useless said:

Also we already have Triston Rowe playing rightback, one of the highest rated players in our academy at the moment

As was KKH, I'm not believing he comes in immediately for the first team squad. Assuming it's real he's either loaned now or in the summer imo.

Happy to be proven wrong but can't imagine plucking an 18yo from Red Star Belgrade in January that he's the Cash upgrade we've been hoping for to improve us in the run in of this incredible season.

And Kesler-Hayden is doing very well, and we will be doing very well as an academy if we can keep producing players as good as him. The point is we aren't singing any more right-backs for our U21s as we already have two very good ones Triston Rowe who has been playing for our U21s since he was an U16, and probably won't be long before he makes the first team bench, and Jayden Barber who is an England U18 international, but mroe importantly Nedeljković if we sign him obviously won't be playing for our U21s, he's already playing first team football and at Champions League level., as I said Emery has already hinted that we will try and replace Chambers and Traore with project players, and if there is any truth to this link, then he could be one such player.