January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Not sure what the price would be but Gio Reyna is out of favor at Dortmund and would be perfect as a right footed wide midfielder who can cut inside and can also play the second striker role. 

An eye for a pass and a good ball striker. Maybe one of those who play better for the national team but hasn’t had a lengthy run for Dortmund in a while. 

Some concerns about his workrate and adaptability to the prem but worth taking a look at a high ceiling prospect who’s out of favor. 

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Transfering Duran from the Villa Bench to the AC Milan bench is not a good plan at all. Just keep him here

Unless he's being sold, then it's not our problem.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Duran is available to loan then we are surely gonna replace him? 

I think if they have half (or more hopefully) of a mind on CL next year then we need a serious squad to even have a chance (as Newcastle found out). So I hope we go big for another striker, and don’t just get a young talent, but someone proven 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Duran is available to loan then we are surely gonna replace him? 

Neil from the For The Love of Paul Mcgrath podcast stated he had been given a name for a Jan striker target but wouldnt give the name.

Said it was in the vein of a Gerard Moreno i.e. Experienced Striker in late 20's

Not sure how legit the source was though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think it’s fair to say there probably has been a bit of a falling out behind the scenes. We may be over that now but no smoke without fire and all that. 

The original article is a bit vague, but this sounds like a permanent transfer to me, rather than a loan.  Or it could be bollocks.  

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Not sure what the price would be but Gio Reyna is out of favor at Dortmund and would be perfect as a right footed wide midfielder who can cut inside and can also play the second striker role. 

An eye for a pass and a good ball striker. Maybe one of those who play better for the national team but hasn’t had a lengthy run for Dortmund in a while. 

Some concerns about his workrate and adaptability to the prem but worth taking a look at a high ceiling prospect who’s out of favor. 

Is something more worrying than his workrate. His asshole parents who tried get the US manager sacked for not starting him

Wouldn't touch him

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Unless he's being sold, then it's not our problem.

Milan arent paying anything what we paid for him to be a 3rd choice striker

I think short term we 100% need a RB. Long term another CDM, LMF and CF imo. If we can strengthen in any of those areas this month it would be advantageous for the run in.

I think Traore, Dendonker and Chambers will allow us to upgrade to a higher level with players we can rotate more often. Dendonker gets game time but we should now be looking at challenging Kamara in that position. Traore and Chambers just aren't required imo so I'd use their spots to strengthen other positions, although Chambers may be more difficult to move due to the home grown quota.  

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think it’s fair to say there probably has been a bit of a falling out behind the scenes. We may be over that now but no smoke without fire and all that. 

Disagree, the smoke came about because he didn't make the bench for a couple of games, it just turned out he had an infected toe. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree, the smoke came about because he didn't make the bench for a couple of games, it just turned out he had an infected toe. 

maybe he had an infected toe from kicking Emery's office desk in anger.

Or maybe Emery did a Ferguson and threw a boot at him, but instead of the Beckham eyebrow cut, Duran got hit on the foot and got an infected toe.

sounds reasonable.