January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Top class RB needed really. Then anything else (poss DM, poss 10, deffo GK) is a bonus. 

Agree with this. I think RB is the most obvious position you'd improve in the starting XI rigjt now, and relative to other positions isn't generally the most costly to do so. Otherwise if you look at Villa's bench relative to a lot of other sides we're actually doing quite well really, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

Agree with this. I think RB is the most obvious position you'd improve in the starting XI rigjt now, and relative to other positions isn't generally the most costly to do so. Otherwise if you look at Villa's bench relative to a lot of other sides we're actually doing quite well really, 

We’d need to spend big money to get someone who can play right back better than Konsa right now. I think Ezri is exactly what Emery wants in that position.

Joshua Zirkzee one to look at.

Only 22 and came through at Bayern Munich. Had a one in two record at Anderlecht two years ago and scored 7 already this season for Bologna. Surprisingly never capped by the full Netherlands team but will surely be in their March squad.

He's 6ft 4 so similar to Duran but much more experienced at top level. Bologna are 4th though so probably won't want to let him go mid season when CL is a very real prospect for them.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

This is one of the situations I have been warning about as to why we needed another top class DM

We can't fit another top class DM in the team and give them enough minutes. Man City have 1 top class DM plus Phillips who they never play. What's your plan with Tim? I don't have an opinion on him really but some seem to want him to come through or do we need to spend +40m plus on back up when there are other areas that are more pressing

• Like 1

We absolutely can fit another DM in and it’s absolutely what a club fighting on three fronts should do to avoid disruption when Kamara gets suspended/injured.

Re city they bought Phillips and he’s failed to adapt into their system. That’s a failure on Phillips and Guardiola not a need for them to have a back up DCM as it was one of the main reasons they lost the game against us and the other games Rodri has not played this season. 

Re Tim, he’s clearly not good enough yet if he can’t get minutes ahead of Donks who is guaranteed to leave in Jan or the summer. 

Only more pressing position for me is RB. If we nail both of these positions in January I would be delighted. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We can't fit another top class DM in the team and give them enough minutes. Man City have 1 top class DM plus Phillips who they never play. What's your plan with Tim? I don't have an opinion on him really but some seem to want him to come through or do we need to spend +40m plus on back up when there are other areas that are more pressing

I don’t think we need another top class DM, just a decent-ish player that’s able to fit into Emery’s system. Dendoncker isn’t a bad player but it’s clear Emery doesn’t trust him - there has to be a player available on a similar level of quality but can actually pass the ball, which is all we need as back up 

21 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I don’t think we need another top class DM, just a decent-ish player that’s able to fit into Emery’s system. Dendoncker isn’t a bad player but it’s clear Emery doesn’t trust him - there has to be a player available on a similar level of quality but can actually pass the ball, which is all we need as back up 

That's fine but you might just end up getting Dendoncker mk II (who as someone already pointed out really stepped up in some key matches last season). Kamara is arguably one of the best in the PL at what he does. Guess that's why he's on the highest wages in our squad. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

An experienced Striker would also be good. 

Watkins isn't rotating with another striker. Arsenal and Liverpool don't have a striker comes close to Watkins. Nunez hasn't scored in 10 games I heard today. One popular YT football pundit video said the age of the striker ended ages ago. Diaby was striker whole youth career and Emery said one of reasons we bought him is he can play that role. People worried about future hypothetical problems that big brain Emery has figured out in his head months ago if they happen

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Watkins isn't rotating with another striker. Arsenal and Liverpool don't have a striker comes close to Watkins. Nunez hasn't scored in 10 games I heard today. One popular YT football pundit video said the age of the striker ended ages ago. Diaby was striker whole youth career and Emery said one of reasons we bought him is he can play that role. People worried about future hypothetical problems that big brain Emery has figured out in his head months ago if they happen

Can you stop posting in this thread please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1