January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

What do people think of Oscar Gloukh of RB Salzburg, who we have been linked to? 

I remember him being very impressive in the u20 euros a couple of years ago.

Not sure what Swaris would make of us signing an Israeli though!

Nas is a Christian

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Because a lot of the time they use this leverage to get lower release clauses. Nico Williams one is 40-50 million where it was before. 

Frimpong probably had like 3 more years left on his deal

Williams was out of contract this summer and Frimpong the summer after

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

What do people think of Oscar Gloukh of RB Salzburg, who we have been linked to? 

I remember him being very impressive in the u20 euros a couple of years ago.

Not sure what Swaris would make of us signing an Israeli though!

I think that for a Philosopher you thought too hard about it. 

20 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Conversely a quality backup CDM is by the far most important thing for us imo. 

With RB cash and Konsa are serviceable there even if it isn't ideal. But as we get more fixtures from the conference league and a potential FA Cup run we desperately need to be able to rotate Dougie and Kamara out of some games and sub them off when they are flagging in others. We saw vs the arsenal game how much we struggled because those 2 were flagging and how the game changed when Dendoncker came on for Kamara. Having a better player in that situation would open so many doors for us imo. 

Totally diagree with Kamara, Luiz  and Donk we are pretty stacked in that area, how many teams have three top tier internationals to cover a position?

28 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think that for a Philosopher you thought too hard about it. 

I'm glad to hear that!

I'm wasn't insinuating antisemitism, but rather the bad blood between Israel and Egypt (Israel invaded Egypt and stole some land).

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'm glad to hear that!

I'm wasn't insinuating antisemitism, but rather the bad blood between Israel and Egypt (Israel invaded Egypt and stole some land).

And England has some bad blood with the French yet we have some players.

I didn't think you insinuate antisemitism, I just think it's a really far stretch to assume nationality plays a part in any villa business dealings. 

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We wouldn't be happy with a nationalistic Russian player would we?

We wouldn't be happy with a Somali pirate with a killer left foot cross but let's not jump to extremes! 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We wouldn't be happy with a nationalistic Russian player would we?

Completely agree, we also should ban all American players who are openly proud to be American, due to all the war crimes the mighty US of A have committed over the years, cus obviously all Americans are to blame for the actions of their govt.

While we are at it, we should also ban all English players from the PL due to what the UK govt has done in the middle east/asia over the last 30+ years.

only players from Angelic Nations should be allowed to play in the PL.

/s

Edited by MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We wouldn't be happy with a Somali pirate with a killer left foot cross but let's not jump to extremes! 

Oh! I don't know.....would be quite Novel.

another first for Villa. I hope I haven't jumped to an extreme😋

jack sparrow.jpg

Edited by TRO

We are interested in 23 y.o Juventus full-back Andrea Cambiaso according to Italian sites. One of those who's good with both feet and can play on either flank but according to Transfermarkt he's mostly played on the left or in midfield.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Totally diagree with Kamara, Luiz  and Donk we are pretty stacked in that area, how many teams have three top tier internationals to cover a position?

Donk should not be part of the equation I don't think.  made too many mistakes in too many games and struggles with possession football

Edited by tezzaleed
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

Donk should not be part of the equation I don't think.  made too many mistakes in too many games and struggles with possession football

Thats the key.

but he is better than Nowt...if we can a better version, all for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Dendoncker doesn't really fit with what we want to do as a team. We are probably selling him in Jan. But he's not good enough for where we want to be regardless (he is overall but his quality on ball is lacking). We need someone that we can use to rotate Luiz and Kamara in Cup Games and who can come on for the last 30 minutes when one of them is flagging. 

• Like 2