January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

30 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

I also have zero information regarding the question.

I have good information regarding the question.  I know exactly what it is, who it was asked by and when.  Unfortunately I have zero information regarding being able to answer the question....

• Haha 3

Watching the Copa Libertadores final this morning and Valentin Barco for Boca looked a really interesting prospect. 19 y.o LB/LM/LW or whatever (he was everywhere on the pitch :D )

Quick google shows that the likes of Man C, Milan and obviously Chelsea are after him and I can see why. He's the type of signing I'd love for us to make.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Watching the Copa Libertadores final this morning and Valentin Barco for Boca looked a really interesting prospect. 19 y.o LB/LM/LW or whatever (he was everywhere on the pitch :D )

Quick google shows that the likes of Man C, Milan and obviously Chelsea are after him and I can see why. He's the type of signing I'd love for us to make.

He is already the most signed player on this years Football Manager so imagine his hype will also continue

We are currently a free scoring entitiy and our goals "for" column is impressive to the point we are one of the top scorers in the division.

Our weaker stats, seem to suggest away from home, we concede too many goals....it does suggest to me, an area of interest.

I think we should be looking at that, in this up and coming window....( we probably are) knowing how UE is on top of things.

All our full backs have a clear tendency to be more comfortable going forward.....may be a more defensive one would give us a more rounded approach for the squad, and give us options against certain types of opponent.

I don't think Ezri is ideal for that role, as good as he is,  just a stop gap,option, for me. I don't think Ezri or Pau, should be played at full back, not athletic enough.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are currently a free scoring entitiy and our goals "for" column is impressive to the point we are one of the top scorers in the division.

Our weaker stats, seem to suggest away from home, we concede too many goals....it does suggest to me, an area of interest.

I think we should be looking at that, in this up and coming window....( we probably are) knowing how UE is on top of things.

All our full backs have a clear tendency to be more comfortable going forward.....may be a more defensive one would give us a more rounded approach for the squad, and give us options against certain types of opponent.

I don't think Ezri is ideal for that role, as good as he is,  just a stop gap,option, for me. I don't think Ezri or Pau, should be played at full back, not athletic enough.

got to be after a right back in Jan, i would be very surprised if we werent.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sne said:

The right back from Boca looked good, shame he’s 33, if younger would have been a good option, was the top scorer for them in that competition

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

got to be after a right back in Jan, i would be very surprised if we werent.

I am well impressed with Livramento....I think we missed one there.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am well impressed with Livramento....I think we missed one there.

yeah he does look good, i guess the worry was would he be the same player after such a serious injury, seems he is....

tbh, i would guess we couldnt have afforded 40m+ on a right back in the summer even if we wanted to?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

We aren’t paying £35m+ for an untested talent coming off a major injury and he wouldn’t start ahead of Cash for Unai 

Nah, we'd pay a hefty loan fee for them after they showed a little promise in Turkey for a season.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nah, we'd pay a hefty loan fee for them after they showed a little promise in Turkey for a season.

What about the promise he showed in Italy when he was raved about before an unfortunate injury.  More than just Turkey to be fair.

We need:

• An attacking midfielder who can score and create
  • A right back who has a bit more quality than Cash
  • A better holding midfielder than Donk who can genuinely push Kamara who far too often, like today, looks like he is coasting 

Doubt we'll get any of them though unless we're prepared to spend big. 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What about the promise he showed in Italy when he was raved about before an unfortunate injury.  More than just Turkey to be fair.

What about the promise Livramento showed in this league for Southampton? 

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What about the promise Livramento showed in this league for Southampton? 

Don’t care about him and that part of the discussion, I was just expanding your comment on Zaniolo and understating his history.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t care about him and that part of the discussion, I was just expanding your comment on Zaniolo and understating his history.

The point is that Livramento was a safer bet than Zaniolo (in relative terms) due to him performing at a good level within the league that we play in. Zaniolo was a bigger risk, which is probably why we loaned him instead of signing him. 

30 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We need:

• An attacking midfielder who can score and create
  • A right back who has a bit more quality than Cash
  • A better holding midfielder than Donk who can genuinely push Kamara who far too often, like today, looks like he is coasting 

Doubt we'll get any of them though unless we're prepared to spend big. 

Someone posted reference from Emery that we sold likes of Archer, JPB due to FFP. That would line up with Zaniolo on loan, Tielemans on a free, and was it Evans or Preece months ago that said we were tight for spending due to FFP

19 hours ago, sne said:

We will need a good young attacking left back. Looks a good fit.