January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Think we have had bad luck with Scandinavian keepers. Enkleman nyland and now olsen.

Only sorensen was decent that i acn think of in my lifetime.

With a keeper, i fail to believe there is not better no 2s than him. All you need is someone that can do more than shot stop to be better than olsen as thats all he seems to be capable of.

Id try go for Dubravka he ia a decent keeper

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think we have had bad luck with Scandinavian keepers. Enkleman nyland and now olsen.

With a keeper, i fail to believe there is not better no 2s than him. All you need is someone that can do more than shot stop to be better than olsen as thats all he seems to be capable of.

Never really rated Sorensen myself. Mostly remember shots going through him and him blaming the defence for everything.

Also I doubt Newcastle would let Dubravka go considering he's their no.2.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't forget Intertoto Cup winner Peter Schmeichel.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2023 at 08:22, Demitri_C said:

Why would Dubravka swap Newcastles bench for our bench?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He will if he do well in conference league. Uts quite clear emerys lost faith in him hence why emi played yesterday 

Again its really not clear at all since last night was a must win game and Emi also played in Warsaw

Just now, Zatman said:

Again its really not clear at all since last night was a must win game and Emi also played in Warsaw

I think its clear for everyone to see that emi will play until we have qualified (if we do) then olsen will get a run out

Olsen doesnt inspire confidence and im certain he wouldn't have saved that chance that the bosnians had like emi did

On 04/10/2023 at 07:22, Demitri_C said:

Schmeichel was OK, better than many at least

Most of the signings I would make in Jan would be potential.

Signing the new Douglas Luiz is important. Someone with potential to control a game. 18-22 year old ideally. When Luiz isn't playing we lack that. Doesn't have to be the finished article yet and doesn't mind being a squad player.

Upgrade on Dendonker but I think Tim Iroegbunam could be that. So maybe wait on that. 

Younger talented RB also important. Someone with big potential in a few years to be better than Cash. We can ease him in for now. Spain seem to have a load of this players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Signing the new Douglas Luiz is important. Someone with potential to control a game. 18-22 year old ideally. When Luiz isn't playing we lack that. Doesn't have to be the finished article yet and doesn't mind being a squad player.

Upgrade on Dendonker but I think Tim Iroegbunam could be that. So maybe wait on that. 

Younger talented RB also important. Someone with big potential in a few years to be better than Cash. We can ease him in for now. Spain seem to have a load of this players. 

Think you are right. Young GK and RB with high potential who are happy to play second fiddle for a season or so, but who can do a job, and a CM who is at or around first team level who is comfortable on the ball with great distribution. I think the CM and RB need some pace too, as we are lacking a bit in that department, especially given our high line.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Tielemans is the backup to Luiz, people might not be bought into him yet (and I definitely get that after Everton) but thats the role he's been brought in to do. 

I dont think that is a role we will be looking at filling, though I get your point that the team drops several levels without Luiz in it. 

Hopefully Tielemans can get up to speed in time. 

Didnt think he was all bad last night, few sloppy moments but plenty of good mixed in with the bad at least. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Olsen, Chambers and Dendonker are the 3 I'd like to see us upgrade on at the earliest opportunity.

Devil's advocate 3 players that aren't going to regularly feature anyway and that's the rub