Clément Lenglet

Tom13

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He seems to be middle ground between Pau and Minh's for me.

Did show a couple good signs of aggression and bursts forward imo.

Great shout.

We have four very good CBs (five with Mings).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He seems to be middle ground between Pau and Minh's for me.

Did show a couple good signs of aggression and bursts forward imo.

Yeah that's a good description of him, I'd say. 

I'm assuming you have a Vietnamese friend given the autocorrect 🤣

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, TomC said:

He looked good for the most part, but really should have closed down Ibrahim on the goal. Not taking anything away from Ibrahim...it was a great finish...but Lenglet could have made it tougher.

I thought to be fair that he picked up his man in the middle and the spare man should have been picked up by the left back. He then has a decision to be made and i assume thought the player didnt have the quality to beat Martinez from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I thought to be fair that he picked up his man in the middle and the spare man should have been picked up by the left back. He then has a decision to be made and i assume thought the player didnt have the quality to beat Martinez from there.

Good point. I hadn't been focusing on earlier in the play. I still question whether he let up at the end of his recovery run.

Anyway, he looked good other than that.

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's not a playmaker like Pau is. Almost nobody is tbh. Thought he was very good today, though.

The pass he made into ollie for ollies goal, I don't think torres would have made. Torres floats his passes more. Which is great for runners and the like but for play in the lines results in more interceptions

I think he understood what to do in possession and has a little bit more about him (and more league experience) than Pau defensively. Great rotation option and cover for Pau. Don't expect Mings-like back against the wall defending but a serviceable 10-15 starts in all comps this year would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Accoring to some rumours in spain barce are not happy that lenglet hasnt been given much game time.

I have to admit why would he. Hw looks like a 4th choice cb behind carlos. Giving him game time midweek and the  cups has been good for us

• Haha 1

On 06/11/2023 at 17:40, Demitri_C said:

Accoring to some rumours in spain barce are not happy that lenglet hasnt been given much game time.

I have to admit why would he. Hw looks like a 4th choice cb behind carlos. Giving him game time midweek and the  cups has been good for us

Why on earth would they care - he's 28, we're hardly stunting his development. 

Can't imagine they loaned him to us thinking he'd be first choice - we'd just signed Torres for £30m+.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Can't imagine they loaned him to us thinking he'd be first choice - we'd just signed Torres for £30m+.

Yep, his loan is a wage shift for a player they don't want, he has no future there, they can argue that we're damaging his resale value but that's a stretch

More likely his agent

2 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Completely agree. He is a good pption for the cups or injuries

9 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Resale value, that's why they'd care.

10 hours ago, Cizzler said:

At a guess they could receive a financial bonus everytime he plays, they are skint so wouldn’t be surprised to see them out something like that in 

11 hours ago, Cizzler said:

they care because they are skint, he earns a lot of money there, they dont want him, so if he plays, and plays well, he is worth more, and they can try and milk more money from someone who might want to buy him, to keep their sinking ship afloat a little bit longer.

Â