HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Zaniolo not even on the bench? A rare tactical error there by Unai imo.

He can’t play for Villa in these qualifiers because he has already been involved in Euro competition (he can play in the group stages).

So putting him on the bench (if not technically against the rules) would be pointless and block a bench slot.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pau I understand. Also why we're signing Lenglet, so he won't have to do this for much longer. Both Kamara and Luiz starting is weird for me. Would have thought Dendoncker would be a shoo-in 

Didn't he just return to training yesterday?

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I suppose not... not if disqualification is what we are after.

Being realistic, I’d like to think that by the 80th minute we’re going to be 7 or 8 goals clear over the two legs. 10 minutes to bed him in could be worth it.

• Confused 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Being realistic, I’d like to think that by the 80th minute we’re going to be 7 or 8 goals clear over the two legs. 10 minutes to bed him in could be worth it.

I think you need to bed in crisp and get some kip 😂

13 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Surprised Luiz and kamara are starting, would have rested them both for Sunday 

Manager wants to keep that winning feeling in the system. Take nothing for granted, and I'm sure the players themselves want to play. That's the beauty of having a cohesive, happy winning team, every member of that squad wants to play their part.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Manager wants to keep that winning feeling in the system. Take nothing for granted, and I'm sure the players themselves want to play. That's the beauty of having a cohesive, happy winning team, every member of that squad wants to play their part.

First home European game in 10+ years? I'd sure hope those left out are disappointed at not starting.

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

He can’t play for Villa in these qualifiers because he has already been involved in Euro competition (he can play in the group stages).

So putting him on the bench (if not technically against the rules) would be pointless and block a bench slot.

How long does it take for that message to get across. The amount of times that's been mentioned and still fans wondering why he's absent. Smh.