HalfTimePost

On 29/08/2023 at 15:33, ferguson1 said:

Without being disrespectful to Hibs or the integrity of the competition, wholesale changes would probably be best here.

Olsen

Konsa     Carlos    Chambers    Revan

Tielemans    Dendoncker                     

McGinn (for 60 mins)
            Traore                        Bailey 
                                Duran       

I agree, however, I've altered a few of your team and I am expecting to see something along these lines, considering we have a massive game against Liverpool on Sunday.

7 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Given the training pictures, I think we're going to be surprised with the strength of the squad. 

I can’t imagine Emory thinking anything different from my brilliance ( ;) )and I think it will be all kids….Torres the only exception as he is still adjusting to tempo.    

but I have a sneaky feeling you may be right emerge may think we’re trying to get our feet under us and get several new twists into play and start a mostly strong and experience side to help them learn to play off each other more intelligently.  

Could this be a hint at all? Doubt it, but a full outing for this lad is called for… hope he shines…

Let’s rest the likes of McGinn and Watkins and really attack Liverpool in the following game!

I expect we'll see Olsen behind a pretty strong back 4 - Unai will want to keep fine-tuning them and getting more match practice together. Likely a couple more changes in the front 6 - Tielemans in with maybe Traore and Duran. Hopefully a run out for a couple of youngsters later on. It'll be stronger than most expect though I reckon.

• Like 1

Watkins, Luiz and Diaby will not start.  Too important for Sunday.

Olsen, Chambers, Tielemans, Bailey and Duran will start.

Those are the common sense picks.  Will just have to wait and see with the rest.  We are able to rotate and still field a strong side these days.

• Like 1

As much as I wanted full strength in the first leg, I want this to be as rotated as possible tonight. The tie is done, there’s no need for anyone in our main first 11 to step foot onto the pitch. 

Hopefully a couple youth players can be given a go tonight, no reason why they shouldn’t. Revan, Kellyman, O’Reilly why not? 

Have we any players cup tied does anyone know? 

Mods can we change the title of the thread to

Pre-Match Thread (Zaniolo is Cup Tied) 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1