Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 16th September

OutByEaster?

On 01/09/2023 at 11:00, Villatillidie95 said:

Please can you ask the club why there seems to be problems with people getting through the turnstiles efficiently? I’ve only noticed this since the first game of the season, but it was the same last night aswell, causing me to miss the first 10 minutes of the game. This simply can’t continue, we are a team who often score early and we can’t all be expected to que 45 mins beforehand. 

it would be great if you could find out the reasons why this has been happening and hopefully what the club are doing to remedy this so that it Dosent blight the season 

Only just caught up with this thread after not checking for a while. The North Stand has been a problem for decades with people queuing up the ramp. A new problem is they've modified the team coach park and that stretches out past the gated off park so now fans can't walk around to access the T1 and 2 turnstiles, they have to join everyone else who will be in the other tiers near the away fans.

I was up in the Holte for the Bournemouth and Fulham games near end of last season and did surprise me how many were still trying to get into the Witton past 3pm, you'd think that stand would have more efficient entrance times even with the searches.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, andycv said:

@OutByEaster? are there formal minutes yet, or are the club dragging their feet? ;)

I doubt it. It sounded more like a scene from The Apprentice where they sit huddled in some poxy cafe after losing a task.

I'm hoping future meetings will be conducted more professionally by the club and won't be a rushed meeting in the corner of a public area on a matchday, where fans start arriving midway through.

There appears to be some very serious issues gathering regards the club at the moment and fans voicing concerns and wanting answers.

I look forward to see how things go at the next scheduled meeting and @OutByEaster? details from it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Correct.

37 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

@OutByEaster? did the club mention the badge consultation at the last meeting as they've mentioned this in their press release.

Yeah, sounds like you're going to get a good talking to about our new branding they they've decided on. 

Then selling my ST seat to the scousers in the north stand upper was just another reason aside from the extortionate cost not to go tonight. 

i feel like we as fans have been personally disrespected in many ways this season off the pitch, the reduction in facilities for the bulk of Fans, price hikes, being dictated to rather than consulted with, hollowing out of facilities. 

hopefully in future they remember VILLA SEATS FOR VILLA FANS!!

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

They hopefully get the message that charging premium prices for a second rate cup where they put out a second rate team will not give them the increase they expect. 

Half the ticket prices and they'll get a sell out crowd, a better atmosphere, and maybe the support carries over to the players performances and we don't lost so get another game to make even more money. 

Hear hear. I don't have great finances at the moment, I probably shouldn't really have gone but the mrs is away this week and I was bored. Fuming that I spent £40 to watch that. I don't normally complain about buying a ticket after a loss - we're not entitled to win - but I think it's pretty clear that was just 0 effort. If we're going to treat the competition as an annoyance and a joke then price it accordingly. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, andycv said:

@OutByEaster? given planning permission has just been granted for the North Stand and the Warehouse - could you ask when the work will start and be completed on both please?

It was asked at the first meeting and they'd re-iterated the start date next summer - the accepted planning permission will no doubt mean it's mentioned again tonight (by me if I need to force it in) and it will be interesting to note if the club go with a message that's completely committed.

Oohhh. For the next meeting can we mention the PA system for the back of the Lower Holte. 

You can't make out a bloody thing they say. There used to be speakers attached to the underside of the Upper Holte but they were removed.