Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We were looking at him a few years back IIRC..

Yeah, I thought i'd seen his name before. Clearly not what UE is looking for......so if his move to Sevilla facilitates Acuna to us, good news.

• Like 1

Good analysis on the Paul McGrath pod about him.  Sounds like a player that will give 100% every time. Might not be as attacking as Moreno, but more defensively sound.  Will be good option to have depending on how we set up - All-out attack against weaker opposition then go with Moreno, away against a tough opponents and have to defend deep, then Acuna.

Acuna v Moreno.JPG

Edited by duke313
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Good analysis on the Paul McGrath pod about him.  Sounds like a player that will give 100% every time. Might not be as attacking as Moreno, but more defensively sound.  Will be good option to have depending on how we set up - All-out attack against weaker opposition then go with Moreno, away against a tough opponents and have to defend deep, then Acuna.

So an upgrade on Digne in pretty much every way and another strong option to add diversity of tactics to the squad.

5 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

FWIW, Gastón Edul is one of the few credible journalists here and his sources for national team players are usually right on the money (Fab Romano follows him on twitter, if it means anything to you).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He’s the journo he was trying to flog Emi Martinez earlier in the window wasn’t he. Hopefully he’s more on the money here!

Well if he wants to help us become Little Argentina, then I'm all for it. 

38 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

For 10 million, I'd definitely pull the trigger, even more so if you can sell Digne for more than that and keep the difference, I believe Acuña to be the better player anyway. Age could be a concern as he's a physically-intensive player, but you're not getting him for the long term and he should come cheap.

I read your post with interest. What do you think makes him better than Digne? They both seem sort of like journeymen players. I want to be excited about Acuna but I just don't know him vs. Digne.

Digne is complicated for me,  and overall I genuinely admire him ... but his salary is comparably huge compared to his teammates, and I know he disappoints some fans. He can be very creative, and in the past, he's sometimes created excellent chances in the box for our forwards or midfielders. I'm less down on Digne as a player than some on VT, and I worry more about our right side, tbh. I guess I'm not seeing Acuna as a huge upgrade but more a slight upgrade with some positive financial implications and potential bedding-in challenges.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â