Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Kind of sympathise with him…. sadly the way of the game, for far too long… no stopping it…

Much worse culprits than us though 😆

Mendilibar, about the departure of his players:

🗨️ "They're messing with me from all sides. In the end, it's normal for them to leave. They talk to the players before they do with the club, they agree with them, they offer misery to the club but they deceive the player. It's difficult".

Yep completely sympathise with him. It would be nice if this didn't happen to any club but sadly it's always been the way and will always be the way. 

We've been on the receiving end and if we continue to improve under Emery it'll happen to us again too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hope this is wrapped up soon as we need a LB for Sunday and it shouldn’t be Pau 

He might not have a choice, but Emery doesn’t tend to throw players in. He’s had no training within our setup.

27 minutes ago, turnbull said:

He looks like he'd eat your face.

I like that in a full back.

I loved these descriptions of Acuna from the "For The Love of Paul McGrath" Podcast too, "he looks like a bulldog"..."he would smile at you, as he's kicking you up the arse." :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That happens in every job though - just ask anyone in a highly demanded role with a LinkedIn profile. 

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with talking to someone and asking 'would you consider joining us? Sure, we'd pay you an x amount'.

If anything, the burden of 'moral' responsibility should fall on the player who can at any point say 'please speak with my team first to see if you can agree, I am under contract'. 

Agreed. Just frustrating when regulations were in place to prevent this in football......the old 'real life vs football' debate etc. (sorry for going a bit OT)

You'd wonder why he'd want to leave what he has at Sevilla to sit on our bench, which lets face it, he will when Moreno is back. The pay rise must be massive.

Just now, BOF said:

You'd wonder why he'd want to leave what he has at Sevilla to sit on our bench, which lets face it, he will when Moreno is back. The pay rise must be massive.

Moreno was signed as rotation, as will Acuna IMO - I think both will have lots of minutes as they'll be used against different opposition. Plus Acuna will have until Moreno is fit to make the position his own, I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

At his age it's one last bumper pay deal. The wage differences between the PL and La Liga are huge. Plus he will get to play plenty of games and get a UEFA conference league winners medal too.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Maybe Moreno get pushed forward into LM more often which would not be a surprise at all. He's so comfortable in forward positions. I wouldn't be shocked seeing them on the pitch together as they would make a very difficult combo to deal with on the left. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Theres probably opportunities for them both to play, we're looking at a long season and with both pretty comfortable all along the wing I wouldn't be shocked if there's a few times where both are on the pitch at the same time.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chasetown Villa said:

With Digne definitely off could he start Sunday? Or will we just see Torres at LB I wonder. 

I imagine the plan is he plays on Sunday if Fabrizio is right that we want it done today. 

Gets him one training session tomorrow and then in at the deep end.

At the very least on the bench deputising Pau at LB.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I imagine the plan is he plays on Sunday if Fabrizio is right that we want it done today. 

Gets him one training session tomorrow and then in at the deep end.

At the very least on the bench deputising Pau at LB.

We have options for our makeshift defense I suppose

Ezri Carlos Pau Acuna

Cash Ezri Carlos Pau

Cash Ezri Pau Acuna

Ezri Carlos Pau Acuna

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

Moreno is more attacking, Acuna more defensive.  I'd imagine they will both play depending on the opposition.

Edited by duke313

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

He's rotated throughout his time at Sevilla too. Partially due to Alex Telles and others; partially because he's suspended half the time 🙃

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not necessarily IMO.

Emery rotates the Full Backs and uses them in different phases of games.

When both Moreno and Digne were fit, he would switch it up. Digne started some and Moreno would come on later, and vice versa.

Also in some scenarios we may decide we want the right side to be the attacking side and Left to be more defensive etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

You'd wonder why he'd want to leave what he has at Sevilla to sit on our bench, which lets face it, he will when Moreno is back.

Don't think we can really say that with any certainty. I mean if you go off their respective careers prior to either joining Villa, Acuna is/was the more widely-rated and decorated player. Cups in Portugal, Europa League winner while playing in Spain, plus the World Cup, Copa America etc. If he signs and then plays well then it's not some guarantee that Moreno walks back in.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Moreno was signed as rotation, as will Acuna IMO - I think both will have lots of minutes as they'll be used against different opposition. Plus Acuna will have until Moreno is fit to make the position his own, I guess.

Pretty much. If you look in the run in Digne actually started at Anfield (then picked up a knock and Moreno came on and got the bad injury straight away).

So I think we'd see Acuna start a few of the harder away games whereas Moreno would be in for games at VP we need to be on the front foot from the off.

• Like 1

Â