Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/23 at 22:59

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's been pretty consistently an appalling player for a couple of years, tbf. Well done to Howe if he makes something out of him.

I thought he was a bright spark in a poor Everton team at times. His first 6 months at Newcastle weren't great but there is a lot of potential there.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

These matches and results happen. Liverpool lose 7-2, Man Utd lose 7-0, Chelsea lose 6-0. It’s football.

It’s infuriating, feel pissed off, suck it up and move on.

But why eveey 1st game of the season do we perform this poorly? Its unacceptable 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Amen.

That's macandally's standard response to a defeat though, have a go at the disappointed fans on here.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If it makes you feel better to vent at me then have at it!  You will be taking your ball home next 

You will read your posts tomorrow when you have calmed down and think “jeez, what was I thinking”!

Just now, macandally said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If it makes you feel better to vent at me then have at it!  You will be taking your ball home next 

You will read your posts tomorrow when you have calmed down and think “jeez, what was I thinking”!

No, I'll read your posts and think "jeez, what a condescending old gentleman".

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Despicable. **** the season and **** hope. There is none

There you are, my darling. I knew you would return. Let us kiss in the ultimate shame. Step forward, with me, into the Slough of despond. I love you and Aston Villa forever. There are no bounds beyond which we can not suffer. Come. With. Me. 

• Haha 3

We don’t get much luck. Finally look like we can kick on and suffer 2 horrendous injuries in the space of 2 days. Our squad is basically back to square one. I thought we were comfortable until Mings went off. High line got exposed because Mings wasn’t there to organise it. Very frustrating but that’s football.

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He won’t. We would have to be very close to relegation for him to be sacked this season.

Owners won't want to see us go backwards. We've too many good players to finish bottom half and more than 10 teams are shit so it would be an epic failure. 

We played it like pre season game. Kamara.....what a strange performance from him,.like he was a 1st division player, McGinn never got a kick.

Strange strange game tbh. Newcastle look strong in the middle of the park and Gordon ran us ragged winning fouls all over the pitch.

Time to reset and start again.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Better team than us.

No shame in losing to them. They will go far this season

Didn’t think they were that great to be honest. Deserved to go in all square at HT and then we gift them a soft goal that killed us. Bad day at the office but most of it was self inflicted. 

• Like 1

Newcastle were the team we want to be (and maybe thought we were) so much hype about this season and back down to earth with a bump. When we are still starting with players like Bailey it's obvious there are still gaping holes to be filled. We didn't recover from Ty going off and are probably still upset about Emi. We'll learn a lot from this defeat and at least have a manager who knows how to tweak, motivate and fix. 

A few reinforcements through the door too no doubt. We will be ok. 

Kudos has to be given to howe, got his tactics spot on today to expose our high line; this will happen against good sides now we have become a worry.

I think Mings did affect us, we just rely on him so much and him going off like that just puts a dark cloud over everything. We will need to learn to play without him.

This combined with a few close decisions going against us and a few misses in front of goal is all it takes to drop 5%...then a quality team will take advantage. 

Crap day all around but ots nothing to be too concerned with as we will win more than we lose once we settle.

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Didn’t think they were that great to be honest. Deserved to go in all square at HT and then we gift them a soft goal that killed us. Bad day at the office but most of it was self inflicted. 

We couldn't cope with their press. That's why mistakes happened.

They forced it upon us.

I'm glad that game is out of the way

24 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

How rude of you to talk to me lile that.

We have been preparing for a season with optimism and two players go down with ACL's in a few days. Am I not allowed to comment that this is unfortunate???

I have a doctorate by the way and don't appreciate your condescending tone. 

download.jpeg.jpg