Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Got booked for doing nothing wrong, fouled by a lad on a yellow who should be off and shows his frustration understandably. He’s never not entertaining. Happy to see him score today.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Got booked for doing nothing wrong, fouled by a lad on a yellow who should be off and shows his frustration understandably. He’s never not entertaining. Happy to see him score today.

I’ve barely seen a lack of effort from him (despite all the hate he gets)… alway puts a shift in and tries to affect games.

He deserves his chance.

Goal vs Mostar gave us top spot in ECL group, goal vs Sheff Utd saved us a point and the same today…

Diaby should get back in too.

This isn’t the time for kids.

• Thanks 2

Yeah good cameo, nice finish (and crucially the movement to get in that position) and all-round play was good.

His big achilles heel is discipline - could easily have got 2nd yellow in injury time for throwing ball away. First yellow was a bit handbags but once you got one, you have to be smarter and this is prob part of why he doesn't get many starts. 

Edited by switters

Deserves more minutes imo. I think the kid needs some love to get the best out of him, and I think he's got far more in his locker than we've seen up to now, but that will have given him a great boost today. 

When you consider the time out through injuries(2 years) he's still a baby. I think it's easy to forget that. 

Well done Nico!! 

• Like 2

I understand why his game time went way down when Ramsey came back, but it seems unwise to me to be starting someone as callow at this level as Rogers over him, Zaniolo offers much more. Is the problem that if he plays too much we have to sign him or pay a huge fee and we don't want to? Because I don't really get it, and haven't understood it for a few weeks now. 

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Man scores a goal and tells his own fans to shush like he does it every week lol

He was telling the WH fans. They were in the same end next to the Villa fans. 

I think both he and Rogers still look like they need a bit more time on the ball than they're typically allowed,  which leads to some poor decision making and at times ill discipline. For me it's therfore understandable that Rogers gets more starts though as he's younger and our player - even more so if we activate a compulsory purchase on Zaniolo after so many starts as reported, as I think we can do better.

That's not to say I wasn't delighted with his goal today, but I'm surprised at him getting so many MOTM votes in the post-match thread; I thought Diaby looked better personally from the subs.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

I think both he and Rogers still look like they need a bit more time on the ball than they're typically allowed,  which leads to some poor decision making and at times ill discipline. For me it's therfore understandable that Rogers gets more starts though as he's younger and our player - even more so if we activate a compulsory purchase on Zaniolo after so many starts as reported, as I think we can do better.

That's not to say I wasn't delighted with his goal today, but I'm surprised at him getting so many MOTM votes in the post-match thread; I thought Diaby looked better personally from the subs.

Okay captain caveman

Reminds me a bit of Barkley.

Career completely derailed and comes to us expecting it to get back on track but it doesn't work out that way and frustration kicks in. 

Â