Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Looked a bright spark when he first arrived and just needed a goal early doors to kick on, but just looks devoid of confidence at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a-k said:

Looked a bright spark when he first arrived and just needed a goal early doors to kick on, but just looks devoid of confidence at the moment.

Yeah, he looks so different. He looks woeful. 

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Looked like he didn't trust his touch yesterday which is mental for someone with the talent he has. Needs to find some belief from somewhere as if he's second guessing himself it's never going to work...

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Looked like he didn't trust his touch yesterday which is mental for someone with the talent he has. Needs to find some belief from somewhere as if he's second guessing himself it's never going to work...

Everyone was terrible in second half so not like he was any different. Diaby and Digne though exceptions as they won the game for us 

17 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Looked lively when he came on.

That was never in a million years a booking and now he misses the second leg. 

Massive pain in the arse that as I'd have expected him to feature heavily. Booking for absolutely nothing too. What a twerp that ref is. 

44 minutes ago, blunther said:

Massive pain in the arse that as I'd have expected him to feature heavily. Booking for absolutely nothing too. What a twerp that ref is. 

Bailey will be straight back in surely and still have Diaby/Rogers for other side but suspect we'll go back to the 4 CMs to get maximum control.

I wish we'd given him more minutes the last few months tbh. I feel his time has come and gone now, but there he's definitely a better player than we've seen. 

Looked better tonight, really unlucky not to get an assist and he worked hard for the team. There's still quite a few games left for him to make an impact.

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I wish we'd given him more minutes the last few months tbh. I feel his time has come and gone now, but there he's definitely a better player than we've seen. 

Yeah, he's never gonna get any rhythm going with these scraps of minutes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Especially as we have mostly played him LM where he'd never played before in his life before joining us. Not sure we really had a proper plan of how to use him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Especially as we have mostly played him LM where he'd never played before in his life before joining us. Not sure we really had a proper plan of how to use him.

Yeah, I feel like we've wasted him tbh. He's definitely struggled to settle but I just don't think we've helped him either. 

I remember Djemba-Djemba - I've seen nothing better so far. Clearly got technique, but not even close to being good enough for us at the minute. 

I still don't feel like i've seen enough of him to make any conclusions. Emery may have already made his though with the limited minutes and the signing of Rogers.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

I still don't feel like i've seen enough of him to make any conclusions. Emery may have already made his though with the limited minutes and the signing of Rogers.

Looks that way for sure. I’m not questioning the decision, it is what it is, but if you’re Zaniolo and you’ve scored the winning goal in the final of this tournament, got 17 caps for Italy etc, and you don’t get the nod over a kid who was playing for Boro 6 weeks ago then you have to think things here have run their course. But you never know in football.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

one of the most bizarre yellow cards i've seen in awhile. No idea what the ref thought he saw and now we have 1 less option on the bench for the 2nd leg.

Albanians and Italians seem to have a bit of beef😝

Â